In all honesty....

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
As much as I would love a Gus/Jones rematch, I want to see Jones/Rumble instead. I think Rumble brings problems that Jones hasn't had to deal with previously, namely inhuman strength and one-shot KO power. AJ's wrestling looks improved and I'm putting blind faith into his submission defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
in all honesty LHW is thin enough that we will probably see both in 2015-16

If Rumble loses he's still only 2-3 good wins away from a title shot. We'll probably see Jones vs Rumble in 2016 if Jones beats Gus. But then again I still think Rumble has a shot against Gus.

Glover, DC, Rampage, Shogun, Lyoto, Gus all have one shot KO power. What Rumble has is awesome tdd and great ability to cut off the cage along with one shot power

I think Rumble brings problems that Jones hasn't had to deal with previously, namely inhuman strength and one-shot KO power.

Yeah, it's not that he lost to Belfort.

Come again.

Gus is gonna get fucked up by Rumble. Gus is a warrior and all, but no footwork or head movement is gonna protect him from what's coming.

Plus, Johnson can match Jones in explosiveness and athleticism

I really wish they each would get a shot at Jones. I don't really want to see Jones rematch any other fighter than Gus.

Rumble
Davis
Gus
Manuwa
OSP

I really wish they each would get a shot at Jones. I don't really want to see Jones rematch any other fighter than Gus.

Rumble
Davis
Gus
Manuwa
OSP

Gus has a chance. The rest get wrekt.

Either way Jones is damn near certain to break Anderson's record in the next 2-3 years. Scary stuff.

As much as I would love a Gus/Jones rematch, I want to see Jones/Rumble instead. I think Rumble brings problems that Jones hasn't had to deal with previously, namely inhuman strength and one-shot KO power. AJ's wrestling looks improved and I'm putting blind faith into his submission defense.

im a big rumble fan, but quite frankly, the problems he presents to jones are no different than what DC brought to the table. yes, rumble is a little bigger, and more explosive. but he has the same cardio issues, and his take down defense isn't near what DC's is. jones will plant him on his back and wrestle fuck him to death. one shot ko guys have about a 30 second window in the first round against jones in which they have to capitalize...just don't see it happening. unless gus is able pull off an upset, I don't see jones losing anytime soon at lhw. cant stand the guy, but he is as close to unbeatable as they come right now. of all the champions, he is in the least danger of any of them losing their title in the foreseeable future.

He's a great fighter. It's just that the last time he faced a great fighter, he lost.

He fought a formerly great fighter in Arlovski and won.

And that was above his weight class.

He's a great fighter. It's just that the last time he faced a great fighter, he lost.

I don't really think that version of Vitor was exactly great, at least no more so that the versions of Lil Nog & Andrei that Rumble beat.

Rumble was also doing pretty well until the 2 ridiculous stand ups.

Either way he was an erratic fighter in his 1st UFC run, he seems to have settled down since he started training at Blackziollions now.

People improve. Nobody thought Mark Hunt would do so well, and if you said Lawler would be champ a couple years ago people would laugh. I don't think he can beat Jones but he's better than anyone else save Gus

Back