In all honesty...where does Johny Hendricks career go after these 2 losses

his career is already over - he's ellenberger 2.0 at this point

I kind of want to see Hendricks/Barberena just to see Barberena pull another upset.

So instead of doing a flip...will Barberena eat a massive burger before his post fight interview with Joe

I agree....I think his only chance is too move up to MW or leave.....
Man imagine what guys like Romero would do to tiny fat boy Hendricks... come on. He must get his shit together or just be gone.

NEW JOB

giphy.gif

He's looked pretty bad compared to normal and this weight thing is obviously an issue.I say get healthy,fight at 185,be a ton ten'ish,get some semi big fights,make some money,then retire.Or maybe he get's his weight in order and looks for another belt at 170,and he could of course,but I wouldn't bet on it.

I think that road gets him wrecked on a regular basis.

He's fully capable of making 170 and he's just not doing what he needs to do. This is a discipline issue which is likely to spill over into training and other aspects of the game. The net result is he'll be less successful than he should be. Imagine BJ Penn just starting at a much lower talent level.

He was juiced to HELL when he fought GSP... one of the poor USADA victims.

Dudes just not motivated.

He's strong as fuck, elite wrestling, decent boxing and huge power in his left (when he's not trying to conserve energy).

Hard to see that changing now he's been the champ, is older and on a skid.

He's really struggling now.

He can't make 170lbs anymore, I don't think they'll book him there again. So he now needs to fight as a 5ft 8in MW which isn't easy, at the top end of the division. I don't think he'll ever be a contender again, to be honest.

He was never a favorite against Wonderboy for me..
Thompson is a beast and no one wants any part of him now, see Woodley...

Hendricks is disappointing though, if you can't be motivated enough to keep your diet on tracks, while having a family to provide for and being a top athlete, then you deserve to get crushed.

Like some elite trainer once said, " Successful people have great commitment to good habits " and Johny just doesn't seem to be able to get his habits together and bounce back nowadays...
This burger story was both telling and laughable/pathetic

Back