In all honesty did GUS just give out the blueprint on how to beat JONES?

Not really, I mean only Gus can really follow that gameplan, no one else at LHW fights like him or has his physical attributes.

A blueprint on how to lose?

If anyone follows Gus's blueprint, hopefully they figure out how not to be outstruck by Jones throwing almost exclusively lead elbows of all things.

I find the whole "blueprint" thing is kinda stupid whenever it is brought up.

I dunno about you, but if I had a "blueprint" for a house and it collapsed or didn't stand, I'd be firing the architect.

Chael Sonnen supposedly showed the "blueprint" to beat Anderson Silva. Yet Sonnen lost twice against Silva, and when Weidman finally beat Silva, it wasn't because of Sonnen's failed "blueprint."

false, sonnen gave the blueprint how to beat silva. But silva > sonnen and sonnen < weidman. td and gnp rocked silva hard

yes he did. Be better and bigger than Gus.

Good luck!

Glovers BJJ is his best option, too stocky and slow to stop Jones.

I see this looking like vs. Rampage.

How will Glover capitalize on it?

Seeing as how he lost a unanimous decision, no.

TDD, plus being able to almost match Jones in reach for a striking match = still losing, and there's not a lot about the reach thing that most people can do, so, also no, not at all.

false, sonnen gave the blueprint how to beat silva. But silva > sonnen and sonnen < weidman. td and gnp rocked silva hard

Wrong. I guess you didn't watch the fight since Weidman didn't beat Silva with GnP. So the "blueprint" didn't beat Silva.

The blueprint to beat Andy was during the Travis Luther fight. Take him down. there were some holes...same story with Dan. the first Sonnen fight and the 2nd. And with weidman...until of course...andy got foolish and thought it was a dancing with the stars...

So what you're saying it Silva wasn't beaten on the ground, right? Exactly. The "blueprint" was BS.

Not really. First, Jones won. Second, every fight will have different circumstances and variables.

it would be interesting if glover manages to get jones on the mat and keep him there, he has wicked gnp

The blueprint has always been there. Get in close, don't let him establish distance using his reach, and make sure your TDD is fucking top notch. Also, make sure you got a hard ass chin. Gus is just one of those rare guys who is skilled enough in those areas.

Glover cannot use the same gameplan. Rampage, Machida and Rashad all used that gameplan and got beat because they are not as good as Gus. Neither is Glover. Glover can however win this fight if he gets top position on the ground.

LOL blueprints on beating Jones...

This is the same type of delusional bs that Oscar has been saying about Mayweather.

You dont' have a blueprint on beating someone if you didn't beat them.

Wrong. I guess you didn't watch the fight since Weidman didn't beat Silva with GnP. So the "blueprint" didn't beat Silva.

It wasn't what finished Silva, but it was part of what happened that fight, and probably played a role in AS's decision to try and goad Weidman.

Glover has a decent chance to win. No, his arms are not as long as Gus', but he is packing a ton of power. He has great TDD. After watching Jones' last fight, I wouldnt be surprised if Glover can stuff all of his takedowns.

Jones probably won't be able to KO Glover standing. If Glover connects, Jones could be knocked out cold. Also, we might see Glover take down Jones. He certainly has the ability to do it.

Before the Gus fight, after the Glover/Bader fight, i thought Glover would probably be an 8 to 1 underdog. The only site that has odds up for this fight is BetOnline. They have Glover at a 4 to 1 underdog (20% chance of winning). This sounds about right to me.

Yea he gave out the blue print alright, and thats is you have a chance when your opponent has a injured toe ( THAT JUST HAPPENED A FEW MONTHS AGO ) and is fighting at 70% you have a better chance at winning.

Back