In all honesty did GUS just give out the blueprint on how to beat JONES?

jones by 1st round TKO. Glover got caught in the Bader fight lol .. wat makes you think jones wont easily keep his distance and get the KO , TKO.:icon_lol: Really was hoping dana would make gus vs jones 2. oh well.

"How can Gus give the blueprint to beat Jones, when he didn't beat Jones?" -Mayweather

Yea, he gave out the blueprint for himself to beat Jones. Gus is completely unique in the LHW division. Teixeira's style is extremely different.

Glover will not have as easy of a time hitting Jones......but what he lacks with reach....he makes up for with power and his ground game.

Glover will not have as easy of a time hitting Jones......but what he lacks with reach....he makes up for with power and his ground game.

This...Glover will bring it to Jones, just in a different way. I wouldn't be surprised to seem him punch a hole in Jones' chest.

iMQ33Y8ATwUuI.gif

Yes, you've just gotta be a better version of Gus.

Better cardio and defense. Check a few more leg kicks and you're there.

jones by 1st round TKO. Glover got caught in the Bader fight lol .. wat makes you think jones wont easily keep his distance and get the KO , TKO.:icon_lol: Really was hoping dana would make gus vs jones 2. oh well.

Well.....Bader is a guy with a pretty good power punch......he has KO'd several guys. Jon is not a power puncher....he doesnt commit to those type of strikes. So I highly doubnt he will do what Bader did. And it doesnt matter cause Glover wasnt hurt at all.

Although Jon can get the TKo standing if he can use his kicks, knees elbows etc...but not the way Bader did it.

I'm a boxing fan and like Mayweather says " If you didn't win how can you have a blueprint on how to beat me?''

He broke Jones invincible aura. Glover saw it live and he is coming for Jones :eek:

by having an 8 inch reach disadvantage and a 1 inch height advantage

Well.....Bader is a guy with a pretty good power punch......he has KO'd several guys. Jon is not a power puncher....he doesnt commit to those type of strikes. So I highly doubnt he will do what Bader did. And it doesnt matter cause Glover wasnt hurt at all.

Although Jon can get the TKo standing if he can use his kicks, knees elbows etc...but not the way Bader did it.

I completely agree with that , he will beat him in a different way , but I just cant see glover taking the punishment to get where he needs to be to get the KO.

Yes. The blueprint is to be tall, quick, and very skilled.

Unfortunately, no one other than Gus in the division has that combination.

This. Not every light heavyweight is Gustafsson. It's going to take Jones mauling Texiera before people on here realize it.

Blueprint's always been there in a lot of eyes, and that got exposed last Saturday.

Thing is, Glover is a different animal. He might not have the same physique as either Jones/Gus, but he has a solid chin, decent footwork, heavy hands, crisp boxing, and good BJJ. If he can survive the onslaught to get within range and touch that chin, I think it's game over. Of course that's easier said than done, but out of any similar opponent Jon has had (including Rampage and Belfort) I'd say Glover has the best chance.

Blueprint's always been there in a lot of eyes, and that got exposed last Saturday.

Thing is, Glover is a different animal. He might not have the same physique as either Jones/Gus, but he has a solid chin, decent footwork, heavy hands, crisp boxing, and good BJJ. If he can survive the onslaught to get within range and touch that chin, I think it's game over. Of course that's easier said than done, but out of any similar opponent Jon has had (including Rampage and Belfort) I'd say Glover has the best chance.

Solid chin? Decent footwork? Those are two things Glover doesn't have. Sure his chin isn't glass, but he's proven that he can be hurt. His footwork is plodding. His boxing, while good from a technical standpoint, isn't near as dangerous because he lacks the hand speed of a guy like Gus. He always has a puncher's chance, but that chance is incredibly slim.

Who else can duplicate it? It seems Gus is built to beat Jones. I don't know if he actually will.

Back