In all honesty did GUS just give out the blueprint on how to beat JONES?

I'm sure nobody has ever thought to sprawl and brawl against Jones, what a novel concept! Everyone will beat him now.

Jose Luis Castillo "laid the blueprint" on how to beat Floyd Mayweather, Jr. 11 years later and nobody has been able to follow it.

Jones will lose eventually (maybe his next fight), but that's the nature of MMA. Has nothing to do with a blueprint.

Yes. The blueprint is to be tall, quick, and very skilled.

Unfortunately, no one other than Gus in the division has that combination.

Yup, that pretty much sums it up. Just bc Gus was able to do it doesn't mean any swinging dick in the lhw division can do it.

The blueprint that Gus gave out is to be better at Machida's game than Machida. I highly doubt Glover can capitalize a lot from that.

the only thing i see, is that his reach was a huge factor in his past dominant wins

I think it's near impossible blueprint to emulate. You need be a huge, mobile LHW, with good footwork, good boxing technique, and flawless takedown defense.

Basically a 6' 5" Lyoto Machida.

Or ya know...the guy that drew up the blue print...a 6'5'' Alex Gus... *Face Palm*

Not a "blueprint" but he showed that Jones isn't great with straight attacks. I'm sure he'll work on sideways movement to make landing the spinning kicks and elbows a little tougher but he'll have a hard time avoiding knee kicks and getting his eyes raked.

No. There's no such thing as giving the blueprint. When a fighter, notably a perfectionnist like Jones, exposes a certain weakness, you can be sure that he'll be working on it day and night to fix it.

Examples are numerous:

- GSP and his stand-up
- Same for Werdum
- Gus with his defense to wrestling
- et cetera

We'll see about this "blueprint" business.

There are a lot of physical abilities that won't be easy to replicate though.

Considering he LOST, and only made it to the end due to a absolutely IRON chin that likely nobody else possesses in the division, it's hard to call it a blueprint.

Yes. The blueprint is to be tall, quick, and very skilled.

Unfortunately, no one other than Gus in the division has that combination.

Thank you because you said it more politely than I was about to. :icon_lol:

magic johnson gave people the blueprint to play pg. for some reason, people still aren't following it.

Tyson has good defense skills and knows how to get inside his opponents' jab.This might help Tex and what i really think would make a difference is battering the legs.Jones weakness is legs,legs,legs
Angular foot stomps
Oblique kicks:they're safe if you fear the take-down.Besides,if it works for Jon,it will certainly work for his opponents.I'm surprised nobody have tried them agaist him yet.You might argue,it will get you taken down but you shouldn't worry,they're very quick and hard to intercept due to their snapping motion.
Be unpredictable,because your style will be dissected and the best plan will be formulated to beat you by Jones' coaches Greg Jackson and Winklejohn

In all honesty did GUS just gave out the blueprint on how to beat JONES

Oh yeah!!! all you have to do is get taller and increase your reach and that's it!!! Fortunately those are things you can get at the gym right??:wink:

No JBJ just did .... He gave it to Gus Same performance with forward and spining elbow strikes added , More agression with just as many oblique kicks fired back . Follow that game plan and he would be new champ/

I disagree I think Glover has excellent boxing and could probably even hit harder. He has range disadvantage and probably speed but if he can close the gap he has a chance.

Thats the problem I don't think he'll be able to deal with the reach. Gus didn't have to deal with the reach. Jones would put his hand on Gus's head and Gus would still punch him in the face no problems. It was almost sad to see how lost Jones was dealing with someone who could hit him even with his hand fully extended. If it wasn't for Jones and his corner realizing that kicks were working great on Gus they would have lost that fight.

I just don't see Glover having much success against Jones. Then again I thought the same about Gus so who knows. That's the great thing about MMA you don't know till you actually see the fight.

Some of the best fights we've ever seen happened when people completely wrote off the opponent. Edgar vs BJ, Gus vs Jones, Silva vs Chael.

I disagree I think Glover has excellent boxing and could probably even hit harder. He has range disadvantage and probably speed but if he can close the gap he has a chance.

I'm laughing like hell at the idiots totally dismissing Glover's chances the same way many of these same experts dismissed Gus. It's a fight. Glover can change the whole fight with one well-placed blow just like Jones did against Gus with the elbow.

It's like people think these guys get to the top of the division and get title fights based on nothing but the whims of Dana White or something.

Back