In Alistair Overeem's last 5 UFC fights..

he got hit 5 times against Rothwell, including the KO punch and getting hurt before clinching, while he landed 18 strikes himself.

got hit 5 times against Mir in 15 minutes.

hardly got touched against Bigfoot for the first 2 rounds.

didn't get hit cleanly by Browne before punching himself out.

took a few jabs and a few low kicks from Brock.

Isn't Rothwell still on the shelf from that fight? I think he came out of that fight with hurt ribs and a broken arm.

He has landed 191 significant strikes, meanwhile he has been hit with only 57. During these 5 fights he has gone 2-3, but been knocked out twice. Alistair has done a great job at outstriking everyone, his chin is just glass. Seems like only yesterday we were wanting Overeem vs Dos Santos. Your thoughts on Reem's future?

It'd be interesting to also see a stat of rounds won and lost. The only rounds I recall him loosing would be ones where he is ko'd. All three times he was finished, he was winning.

People need to learn the difference between a TKO and a KO. He was KO'd a grand total of once in the UFC.

That's like someone tapping and someone not tapping and going to sleep: one is a submission and the other is a technical submission. Can't just lump them together and say they are the same.

It's HW. Everyone beats everyone. Even the number 1 HW in the world isn't exempt.

He has fought 2 guys in 5 years, and even he lost to one of them in :60 seconds.

He has landed 191 significant strikes, meanwhile he has been hit with only 57. During these 5 fights he has gone 2-3, but been knocked out twice. Alistair has done a great job at outstriking everyone, his chin is just glass. Seems like only yesterday we were wanting Overeem vs Dos Santos. Your thoughts on Reem's future?

It'd be interesting to also see a stat of rounds won and lost. The only rounds I recall him loosing would be ones where he is ko'd. All three times he was finished, he was winning.

Is it even a chin issue though? Really? The guy has had the same basic pattern since his run at LHW, hasn't he? Destroys dudes for the opening minutes, gases incredibly hard, then loses the fight.

He's managed to hide it better since his HW jump, but that is only because a lot of HW's have equally suck-ass cardio.

He wasn't gassed against Ben.

All it takes is one. And then a bunch of others.

brownereem2.gif

Is it even a chin issue though? Really? The guy has had the same basic pattern since his run at LHW, hasn't he? Destroys dudes for the opening minutes, gases incredibly hard, then loses the fight.

He's managed to hide it better since his HW jump, but that is only because a lot of HW's have equally suck-ass cardio.

Yeah, you can't really blame chin with the amount of flush shots it takes to put him down and the fact his lights have never really been turned out (at least not in his UFC tenure).

Defense and cardio, baby.

If I could just witness Reem vs JDS beeing announced and Reem jumping on the horse meat and then totally dominating JDS with some Uberknees i could say my life is complete (yes Im a Fan)

shows that AO has the best defense at HW, but the worst chin and tends to gas. early on, he hardly gets hit.

Dos Santos is already fighting like he's 45 years old and hes a 20 year old veteran of the sport.

Reem stands a better chance than he ever has against JDS. Reem has the style to give JDS nightmares as well.

JDS better days is already over and gone. Cain took years off that guys life and its evident in his last fight he will never be the same.

Now is the time for Reem to strike and get on track to the belt.

He was dominating every fight up till the fluke KO/TKO in 2 of his losses to Browne and Sasquatch. The Roths fight was too quick to see who was actually getting the upper hand until that tko.

He was dominating every fight up till the fluke KO/TKO in 2 of his losses to Browne and Sasquatch. The Roths fight was too quick to see who was actually getting the upper hand until that tko.

The Roth fight was kind of a toss up to see who was getting the upper hand, but considering Reem broke Rothwell's arm with that kick, plus the shots to the knee were bothering him kind of overshadows Reem getting tagged that one or two times and recovering quickly before he went down that last time.

I think it would have been Reem's for the taking but who knows. Rothwell is tough as boiled fuck.

Overeem vs. AA would be excellent.

Overeem vs. Barnett would be good for completion purposes, since everyone thought that was going to be the Strikeforce HW finales.

out striking his opponent en route to a KO loss has been a recurring theme through his career

Roy will end Reems night early.

He could for sure. However, the fact that Roy's KO's all come from a predictable overhand right and that Overeem will have a pretty large reach advantage makes it more likely Alistair breaks him down slowly IMO. The guys that have KO'd Overeem recently have been like 6'2" and taller with as long or longer of a reach than AO has. With his striking acumen and Nelson's short arms I see Overeem picking him apart from the outside or doing damage in the clinch. He just has to avoid that mid range area where Nelson could land that overhand.

I think he's just had some bad luck honestly. He was winning every fight he lost. His chin isn't glass, he's just always had poor defense and even worse recovery. That said, he looked great against Mir and Struve with the right gameplan.

He was gassed against Browne but who wouldn't be after that barrage he hit him with and in the Rothwell fight, he just caught got. People make fun of Rothwell but he has a ton of TKOs on his resume and with it being heavyweight, if something lands it's going to hurt.

I still think Reem is a top contender and would give Werdum, Cain and JDS good fights.

Back