In a way, Sumo is the ultimate "foundation" grappling art

triso said:
How do you interpret that?

If I misunderstood you, then oh well, but you came off sounding pretty ridiculous in your other thread. I do believe that seeing, and knowing the moves, before training would help you as a beginner. That does not however make you have "instinctive grappling", and will NOT make you better then people who actually train.

What kind of grappling are you doing now?

Nowhere did I say thats all I ever do. I mentioned several times that I train very hard.

Im studying beginners bjj at a local gym 2 nights a week, but that may be delayed a few weeks. I went for one session and one of the guys could tap me, the other three regulars couldnt, I choked them all out. Theres no belts.

triso said:
Can a three month practicioner execute the bottom guard hip thrust escape into and armbar that Fedor Emelianenko defeated Mark Coleman with? Ive done that move to perfection in my mind, and on the mat although without a partner but the motion, speed and technique are all there.

I am not saying I can beat ANY trained grappler, just letting you know that mentally, I am far from an amateur, and I dont think any beginner could beat me. Even though I have never grappled, I have a very solid repertoire of moves in my mind, ready to go. That has to be worth something.
How do you interpret that?

If I misunderstood you, then oh well, but you came off sounding pretty ridiculous in your other thread. I do believe that seeing, and knowing the moves, before training would help you as a beginner. That does not however make you have "instinctive grappling", and will NOT make you better then people who actually train.

What kind of grappling are you doing now?
That DOES sound pretty dumb, GungFu.

Kforcer said:
Kiyoshi Tamura trained in sumo, so did Lyoto Machida, so did the legendary Rikidozan, who beat Kimura in what many say was a shoot match...of course on a technical level, sumo is a great grappling base...I also understand that judo and jujutsu derived some of their throws and techniques from sumo.

That

sumo wrestling is something im definetly going to look up

Back