"In a real fight, in the real world, that fight's a wrap". Diaz is annoying

He's not wrong. Peon got exposed as a chinlet. Diaz won the story of the fight.
If the story of this fight is that one guy got his brain scrambled then Diaz is the clear winner. Maybe he should have checked the UFC rules before entering the octagon.

Let be real here. Leon win the match Nate won the fight. That’s why the Diaz brothers are loved. Win or lose there entertainment. Nate lost 23 minutes of that fight but there was no quit in him and he was one dumbass mistake from the greatest comeback of the decade.

I think I realize now why Nate fights so sparingly. It has nothing to do with money, his whole shtick is just tired. If he was doing this cornball shit full-time people would get sick of it in no time. The way it is now he at least retains some level of novelty

Let be real here. Leon win the match Nate won the fight. That’s why the Diaz brothers are loved. Win or lose there entertainment. Nate lost 23 minutes of that fight but there was no quit in him and he was one dumbass mistake from the greatest comeback of the decade.
Leon won the fight, too.

This is definitely a tough one.

On the one hand it’s difficult to ignore one fighter getting dominated and nearly finished at the end of the last round.

On the other hand the number and duration of rounds are parts of the rule set. While it’s tempting to suggest that fighter A might benefit from a different set of constraints on the contest, there’s no way of knowing how fighter B might prepare differently for what is essentially a different contest.

Would Nate have benefitted from extra rounds? Yeah, he definitely would have. But chances are Leon would have fought differently under a different rule set. And there’s really no way of knowing if those exact circumstances would have presented themselves.

At the end of the day, while I have nothing but respect for both Nate and his brother, this bout is indicative of what we already knew; the Diaz brothers Achilles heel is their inability to tailor their fighting styles to the rule set under which they’re competing.

I have no doubt that Nate could procure a street fighter were he so inclined. But I suspect the compensation for such a bout may be less than enticing.

Congrats on a moral victory. Still got the L

Leon won the fight, too.
Won the mma match. Can’t win a fight going back to your corner stanky legged and out of it. Props to Leon on winning 23 of 25 minutes but no way any real fighter fills good about it.

Won the mma match. Can’t win a fight being going back to your corner stanky legged and out of it. Props to Leon on winning 23 of 25 minutes but no way any real fighter fills good about it.
The "MMA match"? He won the fight, period.

Either Diaz was too tired/hurt to follow his big punch or he has zero fight IQ , Either way he is not winning the fight.

He's not wrong. Peon got exposed as a chinlet. Diaz won the story of the fight.
Proper chinlet, imagine what Burns's fist will do to Leon when it connects to that jaw, or Usman's Whittman jab. Usmans' jab will drop him.
Where Nate comes from people like you get slapped
Slapped then jawed, and laughed at for being a bitch who got slapped then Bambi legs

Worst losers in the sport. Can probably count on 1 hand the amount of times he and his brother have taken defeat with even the slightest bit of grace.

Nick has had some bad moments but Nate is always class post fight, in the cage.

Pay more attention to Nate’s interactions with the opponent after the fight and ignore the post fight twitter banter, if it really bothers you. (one holds more value than the other)

Reactions: HHJ
Back