in a pure grappling match how would Khabib do against Gordon Ryan

I don’t think so man, not only is Gordon bigger but he is just too dangerous.

his half butterfly is Masterful, his butterfly is insane. He has crazy leg entanglements and goodness forbid he gets near your back it’s over.

I think Khabib is very good at using position and the cage to Nullify peoples guard game but I don’t think that would work as well on an open mat. IMO

That would be fun if Khabib did the grappling scene for the next few years.

But it would also be humbling, and I doubt he has interest in that part of it.

He would lose.

In MMA grappling with punches makes it a whole another thing. Khabib would absolutely destroyed a lot of elite BJJ guys and Wrestlers in MMA.

Reactions: DLX
Gordon is a light heavy weight, so it would be easy for him.

Ryan would tear his knee apart in a couple minutes. Different level.

I think he would get submitted. Nobody with half of a brain should expect him to win.

BTW.. I think retirement could open the door for Khabib doing some grappling because why not.

In BJJ Gordon

In MMA Khabib

But who knows the bigger guy doesn't always win

I not 100 percent sure Gordon natural I don't think they do testing in Jiu Jitsu tournaments lol

Already a long discussed thread about this like a few months ago

I don’t think so man, not only is Gordon bigger but he is just too dangerous.

his half butterfly is Masterful, his butterfly is insane. He has crazy leg entanglements and goodness forbid he gets near your back it’s over.

I think Khabib is very good at using position and the cage to Nullify peoples guard game but I don’t think that would work as well on an open mat. IMO
Khabib had most of his fights and his entire Sambo career in an open mat. He had to learn to fight in a cage, especially after the Tibau fight.

He's very comfortable with open mat grappling.

Back