In 2008 we were contemplating Anderson vs cung le

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Anyone remember that? It was around the 2008-2010 years when Cung was in sf. A lot of people thought cung seriously had a chance. His Sanshao background was amazing and this was a real.legit lifelong martial artist which I think.added so much to his mystique.
Looking back I don't know how anyone would.still think he had any chance if that fight actually happened but I do remember how that was tossed around here.

Cung was the great asian hope, people were and still are desperate for an Asian superstar fighter. Crazy given the history of martial arts how few people from Asian are competitive in mma. Just proof that traditional martial arts are pretty much useless without a strong western base. And before anyone mentions it, yes Thai boxing works. Why more Thai's are not in the ufc? probably because they compete in that sport and there are not big enough for most ufc weight classes.

Filho vs chael 2 was so strange. Filho was talking to himself and looking at the rafters. Legend has it that because Paulo did not make weight the belt didn't change hands he sent the belt to.chael himself.

This was a strange fight like Luke cummo vs crocota. Same shit the guy was looking at the rafters talking to himself.

Prime Anderson was unbeatable
3sIz.gif

I remember people thinking Hector Lombard was going to be the guy who beat Anderson too.

Anderson was so much fun to watch fuck these dorks^^

Back