In 1999 Toby Imada fought...

Egészségére!

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Timoteo Tobias Imada, 30-18-1
thumbnail_crop.jpg

in 1999 Toby Imada fought 11 times, winning 8 and losing 3

that's more than Dillashaw, Holloway, Nurmagomedov, Woodley, Whittaker and DC fought in 2017, combined

he fought Wednesday night in LA, caught a plane to Hawaii & fought 2 days later on Friday night, winning both by arm bar

his last 2 fights of '99 were in the same night at a 4-man tournament final, he won the 1st and lost the 2nd

the American of Japanese and Mexican descent was a judo blackbelt and frequently used throws:

He's listed as still active but at 40 and not having fought since 2013 he's probably done. I grew up on martial arts movies but quit watching them years ago replaced by the real thing but I'd pay to see a film about Toby. He made a career out of fighting back in the day, and at LW no less.

in an age of Khabib and Conor's inactivity and antics

Habib.0.jpg Floyd-Mayweather-Jr-v-Conor-McGregor-World-Press-Tour-New-York.jpg

Imada puts them both to shame

PerkyDesertedArctichare-small.gif

Last edited:
View attachment 457247

that's more than Dillashaw, Holloway, Nurmagomedov, Woodley, Whittaker and DC fought in 2017, combined

he fought Wednesday night in LA, caught a plane to Hawaii & fought 2 days later on Friday night, winning both by arm bar

his last 2 fights of '99 were in the same night at a 4-man tournament final, he won the 1st and lost the 2nd

the American of Japanese and Mexican descent was a judo blackbelt and frequently used throws:

He's listed as still active but at 40 and not having fought since 2013 he's probably done. I grew up on martial arts movies but quit watching them years ago replaced by the real thing but I'd pay to see a film about Toby. He made a career out of fighting back in the day, and at LW no less.

View attachment 457275 View attachment 457277

b game all time.gif

View attachment 457247

View attachment 457275 View attachment 457277

Anyone from Texas?

this is totally random but yah Toby is a Bellator OG, that triangle is the first highlight i ever saw of Bellator and been watching ever since

Underrated career and fighter. I was a fan.

Is he still rocked from that Patricky knee?

Big fan of Toby back when he was active, his fights in Bellator were always fun win or lose

On a side note, Jeff Monson fought 9 times in 2010, 6 times each in 2011/12/13, 7 in 2014 and 10 in 2015

And I'm pretty sure he would hold the record for north south chokes in an mma career

And back to Toby, was gutted we didn't get to see him fight Roger Huerta in the Bellator final, but Curran got a tight nod over Roger in the semi and then another tight one over Toby in the final.

Back