In 15-20 years, who will be the UFC fighter people will remember the most?

Rose Namajunas, for what she will do between now and then (she's only 22 years old now).

thug-rose.jpg

The first 20 years, people remember Royce and Ken Shamrock. In the next 20 years, it'll probably still be those dudes.

People will remember the aura, so guys like Chuck and Anderson. GSP is their biggest star, but his fights haven't really been all that memorable for years now.

As an American, I am going to say GSP. His reign at top. His win over Hendricks was controversial but non-the-less he left the sport with a W and the belt.

If he remains retired I could see this. He also will likely be remembered for being one of the earliest truly well rounded mixed martial artists. I think he was the pinnacle of the "new breed" of fighters in his early UFC days.

Anderson will be remembered for his lethal finishes and 16 fight tear in the UFC I just feel the losses to Weidman tarnish his legacy a little more than GSP's (at this point)

Last edited:
Probably Anderson for his highlight reel.

If he remains retired I could see this. He also will likely be remembered for being one of the earliest truly well rounded mixed martial artists. I think he was the pinnacle of the "new breed" of fighters in his early UFC days.

The well rounded thing was definitely a big part of him. He had better jits than most guys he fought, better striking and wrestling than all of them.

He will be remembered as a complete fighter that boring dominated his oponents. A true legend. But never an exciting guy that would beat his oponents in their especialitys, like Fedor.

Anderson and gsp. Jones is not up there yet.

He will be remembered as a complete fighter that boring dominated his oponents. A true legend. But never an exciting guy that would beat his oponents in their especialitys, like Fedor.

Agreed and there's several fighters that had much more dynamic careers but people remember winners and GSP was that while not being near the athlete people like to claim he is. It's different when you actually watched someone compete at something versus hearing stories about their victories from decades past. I've noticed this in other sports and MMA is no different. People will look back on St.Pierre like hockey fans did Jean B

Last edited:
Back