In 100 years, people will still remember Khabib

That's if everyone is not dead by then.
damn, mr perfect sold the fuck out of the warrior chop lol. da fuck.
The Warrior is from Zambodia, Mr Perfect couldn't handle his destrucity.
d189KPR.gif

Nobody outside Sherdog or Russia cares. Remover mma is bush league, none of your “Stars” are actually crossover mega stars. In the ufc 500k is getting “paid”

conor will be remembered due to his association with Mayweather

Buahahhahahahah not worth to write anything else.

The average person doesn't even know who Khabib is now. MMA will likely be extinct by then. Its like someone in 1920 saying in 2020 people will remember this tug of war team that won gold at this years Olympics.

Great wrestler, but I've already forgotten him. Doesn't excite like Fedor Crocop.

I highly doubt that and really nothing agsinst bhibster.....and I really hope I'm wrong in posting what I'm about to post but I look at mma-ufc 2020 going into 2021 and I see an expiration date on this awesome sport ( a sport I've vested almost 22 years into). Things could happen and change my view but I don't see it ( at least right now).

I hate that khabib nurmagomedov retired and will, likely, stay retired. He eliminates himself from lofty labels . He couldve - eventually- been " that guy". A clean undefeated fighter that everyone would compare standards to. This is why I'm not crazy about " goat talk". I understand it and it makes for interesting debate but the hard truth is that we dont have a goat.
We have several that can be placed in that central circle and have opinions who is or was a better pound for pounder .That's where it ends ( for me...and for now)

Just look at how much stuff has happened in the sport already, how many names have come along, how many classic fights etc and its a sport thats essentially been around less than 30 years.

100 years is a long fucking time. The UFC is likely long dead by then and MMA itself might not be a particularly significant thing anymore either.

Really?
Who was the Boxing LW champion in 1910?

...dont fucking Google it
Footage is sparse as fuck compared to today, there's literally million times more footage of a great fighter in and outside the ring. I don't know to what extend Khabib will be remembered but he definitely will. Jack Dempsey fought 100 years ago and his name is still very well remembered today. Actually I'm quite sure he will be remembered a 100 years from now, I highly doubt that Khabib won't be in the ligthweight GOAT discussions a 100 years from now, especially with an undefeated record.

This. Sport fans are delusional when they say an athlete will live forever in people's memory. Great minds and kings of the past that significantly shaped world's history would have been forgotten if it weren't for scholars who keep their legacy alive, so guys who fight half-naked in a cage for drunkards' entertainment will never achieve immortality.
I looked it up...100 years back
The World LW Boxing Champion was:
Adolph Wolgast 61-13-16

And...nobody...at least myself...ever heard of him.

Footage is sparse as fuck compared to today, there's literally million times more footage of a great fighter in and outside the ring. I don't know to what extend Khabib will be remembered but he definitely will. Jack Dempsey fought 100 years ago and his name is still very well remembered today. Actually I'm quite sure he will be remembered a 100 years from now, I highly doubt that Khabib won't be in the ligthweight GOAT discussions a 100 years from now, especially with an undefeated record.
So your grand childrens kids will know who Khabib was?

Ok...lets go back exactly 100 years:
1920...who was the LW Champ?

I'll tell you:
Benny Leonard
Record 186-22...plus a couple of draws.
In 2005 he was considered the best LW of them all, ever.
BoxRec got him at #2
The Ring Magazine at #2
LW champ from 1917-1925...

If Trump gets elected again expect the end of the world Covid will be a joke next what’s coming

Ok...lets go back exactly 100 years:
1920...who was the LW Champ?

I'll tell you:
Benny Leonard
Record 186-22...plus a couple of draws.
In 2005 he was considered the best LW of them all, ever.
BoxRec got him at #2
The Ring Magazine at #2
LW champ from 1917-1925...

Champ for 8 years? Like Silva and Jones? Makes sense. 208 fights is fucking crazy by the way. Damn.

I hate that khabib nurmagomedov retired and will, likely, stay retired. He eliminates himself from lofty labels . He couldve - eventually- been " that guy". A clean undefeated fighter that everyone would compare standards to. This is why I'm not crazy about " goat talk". I understand it and it makes for interesting debate but the hard truth is that we dont have a goat.
We have several that can be placed in that central circle and have opinions who is or was a better pound for pounder .That's where it ends ( for me...and for now)

I think you are dead on.

Well people still remember Jack Johnson and Dempsey. Not looking it up but 100 years must have passed since these guys primes right?

In 100 years, there might be a new GOAT but people will still be arguing that Khabib is the real GOAT

Back