improving cardio

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by flikerstance, Aug 11, 2015.

1. flikerstance

flikerstance floridaman

how do you get better cardio and avoid gassing in wrestling and mma grappling when you dont have any legit training partners on your level we only have low level blues and a few purples at my gym and nobody can wrestle at all at a good level not to sound cocky but i normally would put myself through gauntlets amf still after about 8 guys rotate out about 3 times i still havnt been taken down i only get good and tired when i go and cross train at bigger gyms but when i dont have that what should i do it sucks to gas cause u dont have the training partners to push your cardio cause they lack technique so can i get to a strong level with just conditioning?

2. Tosa

Tosa Red Belt

So much gas, there isn't even a need to stop for punctuation. Makes a block of text annoying to read though.

3. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

come on dude, use punctuation.

If your training partners can't test you, then find new training partners. Go somewhere that doesn't have shitty wrestlers. Or allow them to start in an advantageous position like in a deep single. OR do burpees in between rounds.

4. These Two Hands

These Two Hands Our revenge will be the laughter of our children

It's cardio, son. It ain't fucking rocket science.

5. CAARNG 68W

CAARNG 68W White Belt

Running, either if jogging or doing sprints.

6. JoeDeeCee

JoeDeeCee White Belt

Work on cardio like you work on sentence structure. For example, you could do sprints between rounds like you put periods between sentences.

7. flikerstance

flikerstance floridaman

No shit but what exactly obviously sprinting but anything else specifically would someone who's educated on wrestling strength and endurance lend me a helping hand?

8. flikerstance

flikerstance floridaman

heh pretty lame white belt which im sure you are in real life too its a internet forum who gives a fuck this isn't english class who who cares to get graded

9. Tosa

Tosa Red Belt

In school, you write well to get good grades. Outside of school, you write well so people can understand you more easily. Why should someone bother to answer a question if you can't be bothered to write the question clearly?

10. These Two Hands

These Two Hands Our revenge will be the laughter of our children

Best advice is probably to try a few different things for a month each; if it works stick with it, if it's not helping can it.

Personally I like to do 6 days a week cardio training, alternating between steady state (going for a 5 mile run) with HIIT cardio or sprint work. What I mean by "it's not rocket science" is that there are a limited amount of options anyway. Just try stuff and stick with what works.

11. ngarauru

ngarauru nga ariki o nga kahui maunga

do all the burpees as quickly as you can-vomit-repeat

12. flikerstance

flikerstance floridaman

can someone post a normal wrestling conditing routine they did in college i couldn't find any workouts most wrestlers follow online to give me an idea i just wana be able to take guys down and hold them and keep up a rentless pace without gassing the worst feeling ever is gassing and you can't dowhat you normally would.

13. JauntyAngle

JauntyAngle International man of mystery

[​IMG]

http://www.8weeksout.com/ultimate-mma-conditioning-order/

Approach to conditioning for fighters by one of the few MMA S&C coaches who has actually worked as a pro S&C coach in one of the more established high level sports, based on work with successful, elite fighters who are known for their unreal conditioning (largely as a result of working with him), with a very sound basis in science.

14. btwrestler119

btwrestler119 Green Belt

I know from experience some college wrestling conditioning routines are bullshit. I was a division I wrestler and the conditioning work we did lacked specificity, it did not take into consideration the volume of strength training we were also doing, and it didn't adjust properly to also for peak performance in competition.

Wrestling requires muscular endurance and power while operating at near max heartrates. It also requires technical proficiency, the better your technique, the less energy you waste.

So I'd recommend 3-5 min rounds of intense drilling technique, each round only doing one technique and doing it as fast as possible with proper form. 30 seconds or so of rest in between rounds. Only do as many rounds as you can do with good speed and technique. That may only be one round at first. Doing it right is much more important than doing a lot of rounds.

If your wrestling technique is lacking or you don't have a good drilling partner, you can do non-wrestling conditioning. I'd recommend something like 50-60% 1rm deadlift for 5 reps, 2 minutes of running or burpees (as fast as possible) and then 5 more of the deadlifts. Take whatever rest you need for your breathing/heartrate to recover and repeat. If you find your self not able to do the running or burpees at a fast pace then stop and try for more next time.

15. btwrestler119

btwrestler119 Green Belt

After reading all of the posts in this thread, the OP sounds like a jerk. Oh well, I gave you good advice anyway, your welcome.

16. Genghiz

Genghiz Blue Belt

17. flikerstance

flikerstance floridaman

lol im not a jerk at all it was late and i normally type really fast and that other guy was being a dickhead so i just defended myself

18. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

Confirmed douche. Well, I'm leaving this thread. Good luck with your terrible cardio and even worse attitude.

19. flikerstance

flikerstance floridaman

lol no if someone smarts off to me im gonna attack them back i dont take shit from smart asses is all if you do that's on you luckly were in a sport where you can fight and back yourself up when people talk shit in person

20. belph

belph Pissing into the wind.

Fucking bravo.