Improve your personal quality of life.

equus

Horse Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
If you guys had to today, take one thing out of your life (list 3) to dramatically improve your lifestyle, what would it be?

I would probably have to remove my father in laws awesome cooking. my in laws live in the same city as my family and I would immediately improve my way of life by abstaining from eating his food. shits awesome and hes semi-retired so if he isn't bringing a couple meals by a week they are inviting us over for dinner.

if I had to pick 3 itd be..
1. f.i.l.'s cooking
2. caffeine
3. the internet or my cell phone (I realize the cell phone is multi purposed but I think my life would be greatly improved if I just had a singular purposed, call making phone. too much of a time suck.)

youse?

junk food/sugar. I limit my intake of the stuff already - I'd love to cut it out completely - but goddamn I can't resist me some peanut m&ms.

1.drama... i avoid it at all costs but somehow my family drags me into shit

2. roommates cooking...its great but unhealthy

3. junk food snacking... i get lazy in between meals and snack on crappy food

My life would improve if:

1. Frequent beer consumption coupled with inactivity didn't lead to weight gain.
2. Beer was free.
3. I had a beer right now.

....did I do it right?

1. Debt. It's pretty much all house and student loans but it keeps me down/stressed mentally. I don't know if this was supposed to be an option.
2. Sherdog. The rest of the Internet is still just a tool for me.

If I didn't have student loans I'd be considerably happier. I'm down to only 63K though, so that's something.

The biggest stressor is that my student loan payments limit how much I can save for retirement. If my wife and I could save the roughly 12K a year we pay in student loans and put it in retirement I would feel great.

I might as well wish that dinosaurs existed though.

Cell phone- I work for doctors thus I am never off unless I'm out o the country it seems

My kid's activities- while I understand they are important and I do such for her, it sucks rushing like a chicken with its head cut off 3 nights a week and sunday morning.

Jesus, you have a lot of vMonies!

1) Working out - it has destroyed me physically and I have severe body image issues
2) Sleep schedule - Due to the non structured nature of my job, I will sometimes go to bed as the sun rises
3) Candy - I am normally pretty good about dieting, but if somebody brings candy into the house (skittles in particular), I will eat them until I get sick.

1) Working out - it has destroyed me physically and I have severe body image issues
2) Sleep schedule - Due to the non structured nature of my job, I will sometimes go to bed as the sun rises
3) Candy - I am normally pretty good about dieting, but if somebody brings candy into the house (skittles in particular), I will eat them until I get sick.

I didnt know you had bad injuries man?
Im sorry to hear that brother that sucks!

I didnt know you had bad injuries man?
Im sorry to hear that brother that sucks!

Thanks for the kind words my friend, but as Omar from The Wire says "The game is the game"

I have three surgeries scheduled in the next two months (both elbows and shoulder).

Wouldn't have done anything different though. You know the addiction to the iron as well as I do :)

1. A house instead of an apartment. I love grilling and sitting/drinking on the patio and I want to set up a garage gym and have my carpentry shop, etc. Can't do shit in my apartment.

2. Spending less time on my iphone/twitter/internet. More connection with reality.

3. A more exciting job (currently working at a law firm, used to work in sports marketing)

Also, less traffic would be nice and improve my free time and quality of life greatly, but I live in Mexico City so that's not gonna change. So I focused on things that I can change.

Cigars and a job that isn't on my mind 24/7. I'll be dead by 50.

I'm a bit confused by the TS. Removing your father-in-law's awesome cooking would make your life better? How so?

The one thing that I need to remove to improve my life is my tendency to over-analyze things and procrastinate on them.

I took most of my unhealthy habits out already. Guess leisure internet use would be one.

I'm a bit confused by the TS. Removing your father-in-law's awesome cooking would make your life better? How so?

The one thing that I need to remove to improve my life is my tendency to over-analyze things and procrastinate on them.

his cooking is fatty as hell. its amazing but its a lot of pasta and real high caloric meals. that's all I meant. nothing too deep.

Back