Impressive Wing Chun standup

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of it IS theoretical crap. It's what happens when you become too far removed from live environments. That's not to say the WC system isn't valuable, as I'm one of its biggest proponents on the site. But I also have enough experience to know what works and what doesn't in actual combat...both sport and real life civilian and military alike. I don't live in a WC bubble is all. Open your mind...stop lying...and build your credibility instead of accusing others who actually do train of not training. The reason their views are different than yours IS because they train.

They took a class and assume they know the nature of wc. Your post suggests it doesn't reasonate with you which is fine but its clear you have not trained wc orr if you did it was an off shoot (for what that's worth). If this was before machida people like yourself would try to discredit karate instead of considering lineages and bad schools. The truth is that there are no bad arts. Just bad schools. A great lineage and long history was what earned my money and dedication. I avoided wanna be mma guys that think they are the next iceman.

I suggested to a guy to come checkout wc. I explained the system, history, and the free period before deciding. Instead, he got ktfo at a mma club. I remember in boxing, for sparing, we were told to go 60/40 but it wasn't the case with everyone. Some guys, it was like a full out fight. They never last.

I took a class that was 20 years long under several instructors all within the Ip Man lineage. Regardless of whether you choose to believe it or not. It's not that the system didn't resonate with me, I wouldn't train it otherwise. What doesn't resonate with me is the training METHOD and the lack of continued progressiveness. WC didn't start off as what it is today. No "system or art" did. It you don't continue to advance, you will fall behind. That goes with martial arts, individuals, corporations, and life in general.

For example, the Pole and knives weren't added until later in the systems life cycle. WC as a whole spread from China in different branches, and Ip's was only one of them. The others are no less effective or legitimate. They're just different. Even within Ip's down line, pieces of the forms are different from one individual or generation to the next. The reason for this is because ip man didn't teach it the same way, nor did he even teach towards the end of his career outside of his few seniors. This is proven by way of the testimonies of his varied students AND their differences in understanding and application. Again, this is also partly because each individual brings something different to the table and wants to infuse a part of themselves into their personal style. Much like no two boxers are the same, no two WC men have to fight the same either. Although the fundamental ideas are being followed in both instances.

So let's talk about the fundamentals of WC...one thing you must be able to agree on--that 90% of what's out there is shit. It's not because of the lineage either. It's because there is a flaw in what's being passed on as proper training. Now it plaques other systems as well...TKD, MT, BJJ, MMA, WC, even Boxing. The problem is that it's being marketed as this great fighting system without evidence of such. Can you (as a wc man) knock someone out and keep yourself safe as a WC person? Sure. But a flailing moron can as well. So the question is: how does one develop themselves to the highest degree of training? I go back to pragmatic testing. If the majority in application, do not look "professional" in their application, if both are getting hit over and again, if both cannot apply the fundamental principles laid within the wc system...there's a training flaw. This is the common result we see with most individuals that train in WC IF you can even get them to spar in a full contact atmosphere.

This is the litmus test. Yet, time after time of wc guys not performing well...they continue to train in the same manner as previously. You can't do the same thing over and again and expect a different result. That in short...is the problem with WC. The results aren't there, and instead of addressing the training method, they continue to do the same thing saying that "it's because the art is sound but the student or individual school is bad" No...when its nearly every school and only a few individuals can make it work....there's a deeply rooted (no pun intended) problem within the system whole.

Innovate...don't stagnate.

Last edited:
From anyone of those taught from the lineage, from generation to generation, subtle differences will be noted but, the fundamentals and the nature of wc is up held. There are no bad arts. Just bad instructors. To say it doesn't work is erroneous when in fact it probably the best stand up martial art out there. Rolling on the ground in bjj is a great way to get kicked in the teeth in a street fight. Much like the water down karate schools and off shoots that brought the art a bad name, the same is happening with bjj. Bjj originates in brazil but there are many schools teaching faulty truths about arts they have no place in. With wc, there is no pitter patter, dry humping or flicking jabs. Its meant for destruction. You mentioned names before but none coincide with the lineage I speak of. There are hundreds of different kung fu styles. Its funny how much the mainstream ones are bumped. It sells. Its offensive to some but many are paying for a product from people who have no place teaching.

Karate was dismissed the way rogan dismisses kung fu until machida comes around or a wc fighter shows up. Too much group think and not enough people thinking for themselves.

My only knock on any instructor is if they promote a martial art and they are morbidly obese. There is lots of that today or some former mma fighter that got beat half to death by what is now a ufc fighter. I guess whatever does it for a person.

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck
I'm so frustrated with this thread i'm just going to say fuck whenever i'm in this thread.
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

BTW, lol at the ad nauseum again with the same kind of "it is meant for destruction" (ie self defense scenario that never come up") and "probably the best stand up art out there". This is either the best troll job i've seen so far, or i am just stupid for keep clicking on this thread over and over...

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

With wc, there is no pitter patter, dry humping or flicking jabs. Its meant for destruction. You mentioned names before but none coincide with the lineage I speak of. Its offensive to some but many are paying for a product from people who have no place teaching.

Karate was dismissed the way rogan dismisses kung fu until machida comes around or a wc fighter shows up. Too much group think and not enough people thinking for themselves.

Funny, the WC punches aren't anywhere near as powerful as punches in other pugilistic arts. That's a simple bio mechanical fact that can't be disputed. It's MEANT for destruction but fails in doing so more often than not based on evidence in today's world. Since you don't read your own list or know who's on it, there's no point in arguing that aspect of your statement.

My only knock on any instructor is if they promote a martial art and they are morbidly obese. There is lots of that today or some former mma fighter that got beat half to death by what is now a ufc fighter. I guess whatever does it for a person.

Hmm...total destruction indeed...as he dies from a heart attack after the clip is over because of his morbid obesity. Is that WC guy? Hmmm.

Last edited:
Okaaaaaay.

Lets close this thead up. Yip man and Saamag can PM eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back