Important Question

G

Gyro

I know this isnt the right section but i figured most people come to HW, so the question is should white belts be able to make threads or should they have to reach a particular post count like with having a av? The reason i ask is because 95% of white belts threads are little more than trolls or dont now what their talking about and it seems to be on the rise now that fedor got beat. Wouldnt sherdog be better if white belts couldnt make threads in all honesty?

Either post count or join date. There are people that are white belts that joined a few years ago. They should have the right to make threads

But also if you make a post count requirement there will be more post whoring from new members

There needs to be a waiting period for whitebelts before they can create threads imo. Just to stop people from making troll accounts for the purpose of making troll threads.

10-15 days before the ability to create a thread doesn't sound too bad to me.

But also if you make a post count requirement there will be more post whoring from new members

yea i thought about that but i would rather have a thread full of troll post than a board full of troll threads

yea i thought about that but i would rather have a thread full of troll post than a board full of troll threads

Agree with this. And if they went around just post whoring then it is likely they could see the ban or dubs anyways.

I think if someone is really willing to post 250 times or whatever just to make a troll thread, they've earned it haha. Most people wouldn't take the time

i just hope this idea takes off im getting tired of hearing fedor only fights cans, overeems a roid monkey, gsp is a blanket

I think if someone is really willing to post 250 times or whatever just to make a troll thread, they've earned it haha. Most people wouldn't take the time

then guys like orange belt thot or whatever his name was will be popping out of nowhere.

Yeah troll posts arent nearly as bad some troll threads are just so irritating

It's a good idea, but some of the biggest trolls have 1000+ posts. (Not me :p)

wow, youre the first person to make a thread like this! great idea!

i have an idea, how about you stop making threads like this? people have been asking for years and its not going to happen.

I doubt Sherdog will put a mandatory number of posts before allowing the priveledge of creating a thread. For Sherdog as a growing website, it simply doesn't make sense. It will discourage new people from coming to Sherdog, meaning less ad revenue and less exposure, which will only further MMA ignorance.
That said, I've seen some truly exceptional threads from white belts, and equally horrific troll jobs from black belts.

Back