Impact: Slammiversary

That was the first full Impact show I've watched since they dropped the TNA name. Wasn't impressed. No idea why they aren't building the company around Moose. Instead they have dorks like Ace Austin and Trey Miguel in the Main Event. Just looked up Moose's wiki and he's been in TNA/Impact for 4 years, the fuck are they waiting on with pulling the trigger on this guy?

The only shock I really got out of watching this shit tonight is that TNA/Impact is still around somehow.

Planned on watching but watched manlets instead. May start back up impact on Tuesday. I was hoping EC3 would go to AEW

I think I'll give Impact one more chance on Tuesday and see if they can put something decent together with all of these new signings. Plus it's free on Twitch, might as well give it a shot.

If Impact wanted to be the best at something they've at least accomplished that.. Josh Matthews is the best at being the worst wrestling commentator today.

From shrieking, to mispronouncing shit, to giving away match winners before the 3 count, Matthews is insufferable.

Impact = hot garbage.

Would rather have bumfuck NWA.

NWA certainly booked smartest for the guys they had out of anyone except maybe MLW. Matches a bit short and vanilla but well done. Shit. I'm missing them just typing this.

The ppv was pretty good.

If Impact wanted to be the best at something they've at least accomplished that.. Josh Matthews is the best at being the worst wrestling commentator today.

From shrieking, to mispronouncing shit, to giving away match winners before the 3 count, Matthews is insufferable.
I only caught the last match, but his "emotion" was just terrible. Old man JR has more emotion.

Me too. I tried, Frank. No one can ever say Rex Skywalker doesn't give it his best effort. Funny enough the most entertaining parts of the show for me was the women. @GoldenAzazel was right. Impact has the best female division in the world! The gauntlet and Grace/Deonna sports entertained me.
My 100% legal stream died before the Health Slater stuff, and I couldn't find another one so I gave up. Sounds like you guys didn't really enjoy it anyway lol

Don Callis is being wasted in this company.

2 years ago I'd agree. I've been a Callis mark since he was behind "The Network" in ECW. Good mind for the business, but the ship to turn around this company sailed in 2018. I used to love Impact back when they had Joe, Styles, Daniels, et al. Bisch and Hogan made the promotion pretty much unwatchable.

Ffwd to 2018 and I gave the promotion another go seeing that Callis took over the reins. Started out very well when they gave the strap to Austin Aries and the subsequent heel turn.

Problem is Anthem didn't give af about star retention or acquisition. MLW does a far better job and has a fraction of the purse. Instead of going this route and trying to rebuild and actually retain stars, Callis went to the ECW has been well and the Hudson Ontario Bingo Hall for star power. Shock angles of the absurd such as Allie being murdered, and Tessa feuding with dudes all for indy sjw points is what did this fed in. It will never garner another dime. Only way for it to turn around is to actually become a modern day ECW with rising Indy talent that they can sign and pay well for 3-4 year stints. There's no reason that someone the likes of Jacob Fatu, Killer Kross, or Richard Holliday cant be locked in for 3-4 years and have the company built around them.

Who tf is going to pay a dime to watch Eddie Edwards wrestle? No offense, he can definitely have a roster spot, but he's not one you build your brand around. I'm starting to ramble, but yea, I've come to the conclusion that Callis is a hack. Definitely someone who could be part of a booking team, but not given full autonomy.

My wife noticed that in the first two matches, he spoiled the finish. I told her that at some point he will call the finish and it wont happen... but it never did... he sucks, bad. Callis needs Kevin Kelly back

I clown on Impact but some of the matches are good, if you mute Josh Matthews.

I miss Tenay + Don West

Back