Impact BJJ Beaverton, OR

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by pesadissimo, Jan 14, 2013.

1. pesadissimo

pesadissimo Blue Belt

I am at a product training class in Beaverton and will be dropping in here tonight. Any f12ers gonna be there?

2. richmFTW

richmFTW Blue Belt

we have an Impact BJJ down the street from my school in Bellingham, MA

3. Alonbenav

Alonbenav Green Belt

I'm not out at Impact, but don't worry, you'll have TONS of people to roll with out there. Lots of really great folks.

4. Devils Cut***

Devils Cut*** Orange Belt

Arguably the best bjj in Oregon

5. pesadissimo

pesadissimo Blue Belt

I'm really looking forward to picking up some West Coast nuances. Should be a lot of fun.

6. ro1em0de1

ro1em0de1 Yurple Belt

impact has the highest concentration of upper belts in the northwest..not to mention arguably the best competition team in the nw..this coming from a guy thats in no way affiliated with them..you will have some great training there or at the impact in newberg or

7. ASMBJJ

ASMBJJ Blue Belt

Never trained there but I heard it's a great place to train. When I was in Portland, I rolled at Nemesis Jiu Jitsu, which is in the Pearl District. Eric Hemphill is a phenomenal instructor and they have some good guys over there. It's not as big as Impact, but you will get some good rolling in for sure.

8. pesadissimo

pesadissimo Blue Belt

Thanks, but I'm only able to train in OR tonight, and Impact Beaverton is only 3 miles from the hotel. They tell me they're gearing up for a comp this weekend, so it should be pretty intense rolling. I can't wait to be done with this class so I can head over there and get my ass kicked!

On a side note, my timing is good because half my home gym has the flu. I need to stay away from those sniffly bastards for a couple of days ;)

9. Dirty Holt

Dirty Holt Black Belt Professional Fighter

So how did you like it?

10. pesadissimo

pesadissimo Blue Belt

It was awesome! Armand was running the class. Since it was the last class before competition there was no technique, but a ton of drilling and positional rolling, followed by 2 rounds of live rolling at the end.

The guys were all really nice and welcoming, no egos and no dicks. One of the purples helped me quite a bit too in tweaking my spider guard. Overall it was a very good experience.