imo MightMouse Won the fight ..Cejudo won the decision

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by OlderMan, Aug 6, 2018.

1. OlderMan

OlderMan Purple Belt

Fight metric agrees

I have watched the fight 2x.

I had MM winning 3 rounds to 2 clearly.

All close ..2 very close but maybe probably Cejudo.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/f2ca358ea9bec156

MightMouse is the GOAT .

The only reason I would Not call This a robbery IS IT WAS AN GREAT FIGHT AND VERY CLOSE ,,

How Cejudo won is beyond my comprehension. The CHAMP did Not get Whupped. Cejudo did NOT take the Belt away.

THE JUDGES TOOK THE BELT AWAY.....................................

2. Arm Barbarian

Arm Barbarian Titanium Belt Platinum Member

To be perfectly honest, I was not sure WHO actually won that fight at the end. It was THAT close.

I thought DJ did the most damage, but I could also see how Cejudo and team crafted a clever game plan around the point system, and Henry WAS able to utilize his wrestling much better in this fight.

In the end, I could have seen the fight going either way, and I wasn't upset that the judges slightly gave it to Cejudo.

reddhelium, Kumason, Clippy and 4 others like this.
  3. OlderMan

OlderMan Purple Belt

same.......

rewatch without commentary..

3-2 MM.... and all close.. imo 4 and 5 Cejudo BUT Really closer IMO than 1-3 for MM

Sherdog had it Split for MM

UFC Flyweight Title Fight:
    Demetrious Johnson vs. Henry Cejudo

Round 1
    Referee Mike Beltran of California will officiate the first half of tonight's championship doubleheader. As the fighters circle in the first 30 seconds, Cejudo rolls his left ankle. The wrestler backs up to the wall, trying to plant his injured foot against the base of the fence, but he's clearly hurt and unable to put his full weight on the leg. Johnson isn't rushing things, stitting back and picking at the challenger with leg kicks. Cejudo seems to have recovered a bit after a minute, pressing forward on "Mighty Mouse," but his left leg still looks shaky as the champion goes upstairs with a right high kick. Johnson switches between stances as he hops around in front of his opponent, a relatively stationary Cejudo. A heavy kick connects to Cejudo's midsection, but he's able to reclaim some ground with a quick left hook in the last 30 seconds. Johnson seems unfazed by the strike as he resets and goes back to leg-kicking at the end of the round.
    Sherdog Scores
    Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Johnson
    Brian Knapp scores the round 10-9 Johnson
    Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Johnson

Round 2
    Johnson grabs for an early single-leg and gets shoved against the fence by Cejudo, who had his left knee iced down in his corner between rounds. Johnson circles out and goes back to leg-kicking, then shuts down a Cejudo takedown attempt. Johnson whizzes a left high kick over the ducking Cejudo's head. Both fighters still seem to be figuring things out as they hit the halfway point of round two. Johnson may have it figured out a bit more, as he dips in and out of range to hit Cejudo with a quick body kick. Cejudo counters the next kick with a right hand, but when he tries to get hold of Johnson for a takedown, "Mighty Mouse" escapes with ease. With 70 seconds on the clock, Cejudo hits his first takedown of the fight, tripping Johnson to the mat and landing in the champion's half guard. Cejudo looks for an arm-triangle choke, can't get it. Johnson tries to shrimp inside, leaving himself exposed for the choke, but again the champ breaks loose. Johnson sits up and drives forward on a single-leg, so Cejudo hooks the back leg and drives knees into Johnson's right shoulder to the horn.
    Sherdog Scores
    Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Cejudo
    Brian Knapp scores the round 10-9 Cejudo
    Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Cejudo

Round 3
    Johnson tries to rush inside and gets caught with a hard right hand to the body. He keeps chasing Cejudo around the outside until the wrestler turns his back and dashes away to create some space. Cejudo tries to time a low kick and take down Johnson, but "Mighty Mouse" is ready and sprawls on it. Cejudo lands a knee as they stand, but Johnson winds up on the outside, pressing Cejudo against the fence with 3:45 on the clock. The flyweights separate, Johnson ducks inside and delivers a nifty left hook counter. Cejudo is swinging some heavy right hands at the champion, but he's yet to find Johnson's chin with one. Cejudo takes a hard low kick, can't hit the backpedaling Johnson with his overhand right counter. Johnson puts a kick on the injured leg of Cejudo, who gets Johnson in a waistlock and rides him to the floor. Johnson does a slick front roll to escape danger and scramble back to his feet. Cejudo is sporting a cut on the outside of his right eye as the fighters get back on their feet. Johnson lands a flying knee to the body, Cejudo catches it and converts for a takedown, but again Johnson instantly scrambles back to his feet.
    Sherdog Scores

Round 4
    Johnson opens the championship rounds with a few leg kicks, then catches Cejudo with a counter right hook to the jaw. Johnson gets tripped up throwing a low kick and hustled to the ground, but Cejudo's right hand bounces off the champ's forearms. Back on the feet, Cejudo continues to walk after Johnson, but most of the offense is coming from "Mighty Mouse." Cejudo latches on to a single-leg, drops to an ankle pick and takes Johnson to the ground at the base of the fence. Cejudo is looking for a choke from half guard, but Johnson is wise to the arm-triangle and breaks it up before Cejudo can get it going. In lieu of threatening with any chokes or strikes, Cejudo stays heavy on top, flattening out Johnson on the mat. The challenger comes alive in the last 30 seconds, posturing up to hit Johnson with some short punches.
    Sherdog Scores

Round 5
    Johnson stays on the outside as the final round begins, picking at Cejudo with low kicks, avoiding any close-quarters exchanges to keep the wrestler off his legs. A hard body kick finds the mark on Cejudo's midsection. Johnson appears stunned for a moment after running into Cejudo's shoulder. Seemingly recovered, "Mighty Mouse" dips inside to land a right hand to the body, then underhooks and separates as Cejudo tries to tie up. Cejudo throws a combo and gets tagged by Johnson's counter left. Cejudo may be getting a little desperate now, chasing Johnson around the outside with right-handed haymakers. Cejudo tries to wrestle Johnson to the ground at the fence; Johnson turns him around, but Cejudo hits an outside trip. Johnson is back on his feet in seconds, where Cejudo makes him pay for hanging out in the pocket with a left hand. One minute remains as the flyweights go toe-to-toe in the center of the cage. Cejudo goes for another trip, can't get it, but finishes the fight with a knee to the body of the champion. This one is going to the judges, and it should be a very close decision.
    Sherdog Scores
    Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Johnson (48-47 Johnson)
    Brian Knapp scores the round 10-9 Cejudo (48-47 Cejudo)
    Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Johnson (48-47 Johnson)
    The Official Result
    Henry Cejudo def. Demetrious Johnson via Split Decision (48-47, 48-47, 47-48) R5 5:00
    Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UF...undbyRound-Scoring-140485#Fg4wIi2r90QJQ9RL.99
    UFC Flyweight Title Fight:
    Demetrious Johnson vs. Henry Cejudo

Round 1
    Referee Mike Beltran of California will officiate the first half of tonight's championship doubleheader. As the fighters circle in the first 30 seconds, Cejudo rolls his left ankle. The wrestler backs up to the wall, trying to plant his injured foot against the base of the fence, but he's clearly hurt and unable to put his full weight on the leg. Johnson isn't rushing things, stitting back and picking at the challenger with leg kicks. Cejudo seems to have recovered a bit after a minute, pressing forward on "Mighty Mouse," but his left leg still looks shaky as the champion goes upstairs with a right high kick. Johnson switches between stances as he hops around in front of his opponent, a relatively stationary Cejudo. A heavy kick connects to Cejudo's midsection, but he's able to reclaim some ground with a quick left hook in the last 30 seconds. Johnson seems unfazed by the strike as he resets and goes back to leg-kicking at the end of the round.
    Sherdog Scores

Round 2
    Johnson grabs for an early single-leg and gets shoved against the fence by Cejudo, who had his left knee iced down in his corner between rounds. Johnson circles out and goes back to leg-kicking, then shuts down a Cejudo takedown attempt. Johnson whizzes a left high kick over the ducking Cejudo's head. Both fighters still seem to be figuring things out as they hit the halfway point of round two. Johnson may have it figured out a bit more, as he dips in and out of range to hit Cejudo with a quick body kick. Cejudo counters the next kick with a right hand, but when he tries to get hold of Johnson for a takedown, "Mighty Mouse" escapes with ease. With 70 seconds on the clock, Cejudo hits his first takedown of the fight, tripping Johnson to the mat and landing in the champion's half guard. Cejudo looks for an arm-triangle choke, can't get it. Johnson tries to shrimp inside, leaving himself exposed for the choke, but again the champ breaks loose. Johnson sits up and drives forward on a single-leg, so Cejudo hooks the back leg and drives knees into Johnson's right shoulder to the horn.
    Sherdog Scores

Round 3
    Johnson tries to rush inside and gets caught with a hard right hand to the body. He keeps chasing Cejudo around the outside until the wrestler turns his back and dashes away to create some space. Cejudo tries to time a low kick and take down Johnson, but "Mighty Mouse" is ready and sprawls on it. Cejudo lands a knee as they stand, but Johnson winds up on the outside, pressing Cejudo against the fence with 3:45 on the clock. The flyweights separate, Johnson ducks inside and delivers a nifty left hook counter. Cejudo is swinging some heavy right hands at the champion, but he's yet to find Johnson's chin with one. Cejudo takes a hard low kick, can't hit the backpedaling Johnson with his overhand right counter. Johnson puts a kick on the injured leg of Cejudo, who gets Johnson in a waistlock and rides him to the floor. Johnson does a slick front roll to escape danger and scramble back to his feet. Cejudo is sporting a cut on the outside of his right eye as the fighters get back on their feet. Johnson lands a flying knee to the body, Cejudo catches it and converts for a takedown, but again Johnson instantly scrambles back to his feet.
    Sherdog Scores

Round 4
    Johnson opens the championship rounds with a few leg kicks, then catches Cejudo with a counter right hook to the jaw. Johnson gets tripped up throwing a low kick and hustled to the ground, but Cejudo's right hand bounces off the champ's forearms. Back on the feet, Cejudo continues to walk after Johnson, but most of the offense is coming from "Mighty Mouse." Cejudo latches on to a single-leg, drops to an ankle pick and takes Johnson to the ground at the base of the fence. Cejudo is looking for a choke from half guard, but Johnson is wise to the arm-triangle and breaks it up before Cejudo can get it going. In lieu of threatening with any chokes or strikes, Cejudo stays heavy on top, flattening out Johnson on the mat. The challenger comes alive in the last 30 seconds, posturing up to hit Johnson with some short punches.
    Sherdog Scores

Round 5
    Johnson stays on the outside as the final round begins, picking at Cejudo with low kicks, avoiding any close-quarters exchanges to keep the wrestler off his legs. A hard body kick finds the mark on Cejudo's midsection. Johnson appears stunned for a moment after running into Cejudo's shoulder. Seemingly recovered, "Mighty Mouse" dips inside to land a right hand to the body, then underhooks and separates as Cejudo tries to tie up. Cejudo throws a combo and gets tagged by Johnson's counter left. Cejudo may be getting a little desperate now, chasing Johnson around the outside with right-handed haymakers. Cejudo tries to wrestle Johnson to the ground at the fence; Johnson turns him around, but Cejudo hits an outside trip. Johnson is back on his feet in seconds, where Cejudo makes him pay for hanging out in the pocket with a left hand. One minute remains as the flyweights go toe-to-toe in the center of the cage. Cejudo goes for another trip, can't get it, but finishes the fight with a knee to the body of the champion. This one is going to the judges, and it should be a very close decision.
    Sherdog Scores
    Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Johnson (48-47 Johnson)
    Brian Knapp scores the round 10-9 Cejudo (48-47 Cejudo)
    Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Johnson (48-47 Johnson)
    The Official Result
    Henry Cejudo def. Demetrious Johnson via Split Decision (48-47, 48-47, 47-48) R5 5:00
    Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UF...undbyRound-Scoring-140485#Fg4wIi2r90QJQ9RL.99

4. kiley_sean

kiley_sean It's all in the reflexes

5. PIИKBLIИK

PIИKBLIИK Yellow Belt

I was about 85% sure the division was going to MM on a 48-47. But I did think Henry got the last round I was just unsure how they would score 2.

Bottom line was DJ didn't do enough, a few legs kicks and maybe 2-3 good shots while being on the back foot all night. Henry didn't do much either and you know you usually really have to beat the champ to get a decision. DJ should have stepped it up like Cejudo did in rd5.

PlayTheGame and OlderMan like this.
  6. Sapp

Sapp Silver Belt

I had it 3-2 for Cejudo but if you scored it for DJ I'm not mad about it.

7. Aforo88

Aforo88 Purple Belt

Was it really Close if you look at the scoring criterias though? Getting a take Down and stalling shouldnt Count for much when the other fighter landed more crisper shots on the fett in the majority of the round.
    Henry won by holding a person Down without going for submission attemps and effective ground and pound which should not be the case under the unified rules as I understand them.

Just looking at the fight without paying attention to what criterias was in Place it looked as a really Close fight IMO.

OlderMan likes this.
  8. OlderMan

OlderMan Purple Belt

Yep...
    Yep...

The Champ Lost the Tie ...at best. STRANGE.....]

I guess Hate does have its own Power

Kudos to Cejudo ...great game plan. great fight.

BUT imo CEJUDO DID NOT BEAT MIGHTY MOUSE.

Woouldn't that be the shit IF Cejudo watches fight and comes out and says..... MIGHTY MOUSE WON. THE JUDGES GOT IT WRONG.... rotflmao...

9. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

these rules are subpar. cejudo barely did anything on the ground. how getting a takedown and barely doing anythign with it not similar to having "octagon control" and barely connect strikes? they both shouldn't count for shit. fights should be scored mainly on the intent to finish and damage, the rest should be barely relevant

OlderMan likes this.
  10. tonil

tonil ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

I had 2-2, and 1 for judges

OlderMan likes this.
  11. OlderMan

OlderMan Purple Belt

YES I AGREE>...

Why I agree with the Fight Metric stats for Evidence of MM Winning...

Clearly out struck Cejudo.

a tad less ring control

did more damage

No sub attacks at all by Cejudo ..

Aforo88 likes this.
  12. Scharminkel

Scharminkel Yellow Belt

I thought MM won. 3-2, could have been 4-1 or 2-3.

IMO Cejudo didn't do anything with the take-downs. Even in the rounds with take-downs, you could have given it to MM based on what happened the rest of the round

But close fight, so not really a robbery i would say

Aforo88 likes this.
  13. Silverstar17

Silverstar17 Red Belt

Coin toss for me imo.

No clear winner. If an immediate rematch ever made sense then this is the time.

Both need to do more damage next time.

DJ did not manage to get much going but the fact that Cejudo basically won because he held on to DJ a couple of times doing nothing is weird. The champ definitely did not get beat here. He got outscored(in the judges eyes) by an incredibly small margin and by a boring stategy. If DJ was not that good at getting back up etc. this would have been a 5 round LnP fest.

OlderMan and Scharminkel like this.
  14. brainwash

brainwash Banned Banned

I don't know who won but I definitely lost 25 minutes of my life watching that fight.

15. Danespina

Danespina Gold Belt

Close enough that a immediate rematch actually makes sense, unlike TJ/Cody and a few others they've done.

16. Scharminkel

Scharminkel Yellow Belt

[​IMG]

17. kuka45

kuka45 Brown Belt

why do you argue about takedowns?
    how many times Rogaine was screaming: that takedown secured round!
    how many times we see fighters going for takedown in last minute of round/fight to win round?
    if you accept this stupidity in other fights, stop whining

18. OlderMan

OlderMan Purple Belt

The Champ

DEFINITELY DID NOT GET BEAT.....

19. OlderMan

OlderMan Purple Belt

Rogan is a UFC zombie...

a Dana Shill......

He is nothing More than a Professional Mouth Promoting the UFC.....

watch fight without Sound..... Remove the Propaganda... then watch.

Enlightening actually.. To SEE and Judge with your own eyes...

INSTEAD SEEING WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD TO SEE.

I started doing this way back when... especially if Howard Cosell was calling a fight. Watch the Roberto Duran vs Sugar Ray Leonard first fight.... Howard Cosell was BIASED TO THE POINT OF BLINDNESS...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  20. The Maniac

The Maniac Green Belt

Johnson won rounds 1 3 5 as 5 being the closest could have been a 10-10 as well