Immense pain in biceps

ValeTudo08

White Belt
Reaction score
Friday in class we were working on clinching for a while and the next morning when I woke up I was in a shit load of pain. I looked in the mirror and my bi's had a bunch of purple spots on them, which I'm assuming are broken blood vessels. I've never felt this much pain in my biceps before, I could hardly sleep the next night and currently I dont think I could lift more than 15 or 20 pounds without feeling a whole lot of pain. I've been icing each arm like crazy and been taking ice cold showers. Any idea whats wrong with me and what I should do?

ummm... go see your Doctor NOW :) and get back to us... we're curious.

The purple is probably internal bleeding... I'm guessing you tore some things for sure... but this could also be a sign of some underlying bleeding/blood issue you were never aware of seeing as how this is very odd. Only a Dr. can help you now. yikes... good luck!

I think I will go see a doctor sometime really soon, but the fact I didn't feel any soreness until the next day makes me think its just my muscle being overworked and fatigued or something of the sort. Wouldn't I have felt a muscle tear while I was doing the clinch?

This is the second time this has happened to me, by the way.

Purple spots on my biceps (or insanely large bruises in general) is common for me after hard clinching, usually caused by getting spiked in the bicep with an elbow point when trying to get in underneath your opponents clinch (mostly you won't even notice until the next day too). However, immense pain is not so usual. I'd recommend getting that checked out, don't really want to screw around with a torn bicep.

Yeah the only reason I say torn bicep is because what you're describing as the spots sounds like blood vessels rupturing which often=tear. I'm not a doctor or anything.

definitly doesn't sound like a good thing. I've had my fair share of bruises on the bicep and they never act quite like that either you have a stupid low pain tolerance, which I doubt, or there is something serious going on.

With that said, I'd think the probability of simultaneously tearing both your biceps would have to be pretty low.

u sure its not just soreness? were u doing a lot of pushups or something? tearing both biceps at the same time is kinda weird

As a former runner I've torn/pulled my share of muscle (hip flexor, hamstring, quads) and all seem to have something in common, sharp pains. Its hard to describe the pain in my biceps at the moment, but I know its nothing like the sharp pain I experienced with the other injuries. This is more of an aching soreness that just plain hurts like a bitch after putting stress on the muscle.

I don't know if this has any significance at all, but I usually work my biceps pretty hard, twice a week with back and arms. Never have I felt a soreness like this, it is very rare for my bi's to be sore a few days after working them out. Not like they have been after working on clinching in class. Also, this may just be me, but in the mirror it looks like the size of my biceps may have even decreased a bit. :icon_conf

I think I will go see a doctor sometime really soon, but the fact I didn't feel any soreness until the next day makes me think its just my muscle being overworked and fatigued or something of the sort. Wouldn't I have felt a muscle tear while I was doing the clinch?

This is the second time this has happened to me, by the way.

Umm... of course. Nothing deflects pain like a good adrenaline rush, which you should be getting a LOT of during training... especially the laborsome clinch! :icon_chee

Why are you still on here typing!!??? no one on Sherdog can tell you what's wrong!!! this could be serious!!! go to the damn Dr. already!!!

Back