Immediate rematch patter

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
pattern

Bantamweight T.J. Dillashaw def. Cody Garbrandt (c) KO (punches) 2 2:41
Bantamweight T.J. Dillashaw (c) def. Cody Garbrandt TKO (knee and punches) 1 4:10

Women's Strawweight Rose Namajunas def. Joanna Jędrzejczyk (c) TKO (punches) 1 3:03
Women's Strawweight Rose Namajunas (c) def. Joanna Jędrzejczyk Decision (unanimous) (49-46, 49-46, 49-46) 5 5:00

Middleweight Robert Whittaker (c) def. Yoel Romero Decision (split) (47-48, 48-47, 48-47) 5 5:00
Middleweight Robert Whittaker def. Yoel Romero Decision (unanimous) (48-47, 48-47, 48-47) 5 5:00

Welterweight Tyron Woodley (c) def. Stephen Thompson Decision (majority) (48-47, 47-47, 48-47) 5 5:00
Welterweight Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Stephen Thompson Draw (majority) (47-47, 47-47, 48-47) 5 5:00

Featherweight Max Holloway (c) def. José Aldo TKO (punches) 3 4:51
Featherweight Max Holloway (ic) def. José Aldo (c) TKO (punches) 3 4:13

Upcoming:
Flyweight Henry Cejudo def. Demetrious Johnson (c) Decision (split) (48-47, 47-48, 48-47) 5 5:00

Last edited:
Neat. Patter.

I hope you’re Scottish, otherwise that was just a daft typo.

Immediate rematches are one of my biggest pet peeves. Short of extraordinary circumstances like an injury stoppage (e.g. Randy/Vitor) or a legitimately controversial decision (e.g. Shogun/Machida), there's absolutely no reason not to have at least one fight in between (e.g. Randy losing to Chuck and then fighting Van Arsdale before getting a rematch or GSP losing to Serra and then fighting Kos and Hughes before getting a rematch).

I wish UFC would just get rid of these immediate rematches, especially since they don't give them to everyone.

Woodley vs Thompson 2 was a split decision
Romero vs Whittaker 1 was ud, part 2 was sd.

<NoneOfMy>

(you could add BJ vs Edgar to this list as the first fight was bullshit dec for Edgar and in the rematch Edgar won a lopsided 50-45 decision.)

???
Many of these fights are less or more controversial decisions.
I see only one stupid rematch here and it's Tj/Cody , but giving it to Cody was pure bs.
Aldo took 2nd fight vs Max on short notice.

Actually most of those were justifiable. Aside from Cody and Joanna who were both stopped early. And both with left hooks.

Romero vs Whit was not an immediate rematch, he had to fight Rockhold...

Silva vs Weidman
Barao vs TJ
Couture vs Vitor
Couture vs Rizzo
Machida vs Shogun

Instant rematches Mean Gene?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
WWF-Summerslam-1991.jpg

They suck, Jack!
Snnnnnnnnnnorrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttt!
giphy.gif

Dude, they suck Terry?
*Rocketship/Jet Plane sounds*
x240-nwH.jpg

The UFC - As real as it gets, brother.

And yet the one guy who really deserves an immediate rematch has to step aside so one of Vince McMahon’s lab projects can come back from a ped suspension for an immediate title shot.

And yet the one guy who really deserves an immediate rematch has to step aside so one of Vince McMahon’s lab projects can come back from a ped suspension for an immediate title shot.
lol Yeah Stipe really deserves that instant rematch. It was a close fight, I mean it isn't like he was knocked unconscious in the first round or anything.

lol Yeah Stipe really deserves that instant rematch. It was a close fight, I mean it isn't like he was knocked unconscious in the first round or anything.
Or had the most dominant run in his division. Or was poked in the eye. Great points..

Back