1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

IMMAF World Championship in less than a month

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by lapollarecords, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Norice White Belt

Team Norway

Kristian Lindstr

2. Unbreakabull Brown Belt

So they wear shin guards... . I asked about the gear earlier but finally got some good answers here. Thanks for the info.

This immaf looks promising - except the name - couldnt they have been a council, since immac is a better name?

3. Maxwell44 Yellow Belt

They aren't wearing shin guards

4. Gaffeln Blue Belt

Swedish LHW Alexander Marcusson, who beat the norweigian LHW about a month ago, is training with me. Me and our headcoach are in Vegas to support him.

Spoke to the leader of IMMAF August Wall

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  5. MilesAbove Steel Belt

They will not be wearing shinguards. The rules are under the ISKA, and in conjunction with Tuff-N-Uff, and will be handled as they always are in Nevada.

I'm still very much on the fence about the whole thing (as someone that is working with them). And to be clear, the IMMAF knows my grievances and concerns, so none of this is unfairly s#itting on them.

So let me make this clear... These are not damning condemnations. These are grievances I have with the current form, and are grievances some in IMMAF share as well. I bring these up in the hopes that during my work with the company, we can continue to improve it's standing.

*Multiple fights in a week: While some of us love the idea, it is highly problematic.

*Multiple weighins: The IMMAF believes people won't try to cut weight due to multiple days weighing in. Anyone who knows wrestlers knows this is not true, and problems will arise.

*Quick stoppages: This could become a slippery slope into point-fighting across the board. And with so many coming from so far away... this is a worrisome act that could mean a lot of upset fighters/coaches.

*Proclaiming before Establishing: The IMMAF has a long-term goal, for sure. But they are asking so much from fighters/trainers/countries with such little payoff as of now. The Romanian team is said to have had their coach mortgage his home in order to get them out here. Fighters who are not sponsored by their country are asked to pay as much as $600 to participate. CJ Floor, the Samoan olympic wrestler and current IMMAF Champion, chose not to participate after being told IMMAF would pay for his trip... then told he had to pay over $600.

6. Maxwell44 Yellow Belt

Bootsy, any news on the Brazilian team?

7. MilesAbove Steel Belt

I have not heard from them yet. According to Friday's meeting, there were specific issues on visas. I am putting a msg into Nyra Phillips regarding their current status so I can update you guys on the issue.

8. MilesAbove Steel Belt

Update: Only one Brazilian made it through after only a single passport was returned. Amanda Ribas is apparently the only Brazilian to make it through.

The Romanians were found. So at least some positive news to go with the disappointing news.

9. Maxwell44 Yellow Belt

Thank you. Sucks that we won't get many America vs. Brazil finals.

10. MilesAbove Steel Belt

The real shame is no streaming. But I hope they'll end up with some tv or stream deal later on. Sure, it's not the same as live, but maybe that's for the best as the show spans a full week and they can cherry-pick the good stuff.

I'm very excited to see Danish kickboxer Sarah Jamila in the tournament. She's a wonderful young woman and a heck of an athlete. Couture's has been tuning her up well and her first ammy MMA bout was her abusing a game (but out-of-depth) Hawaiian in March.

11. stin4tw Brown Belt

12. Maxwell44 Yellow Belt

Yes we will :D

13. VolkHan Brown Belt

14. MilesAbove Steel Belt

Who really knows but at least it gives people from countries outside the US a real chance to be seen by some of the industry folk. US citizens often forget the sport is centralized around them. Guys from Tajikistan don't have that luxury usually.

15. kainer2_uk Brown Belt

It sounds like a bit of a shambles, any results anywhere for the first day?

16. VolkHan Brown Belt

Polish National team prepared for Las Vegas

17. VolkHan Brown Belt

18. lapollarecords Red Belt

they have a few pictures of the first day in their facebook page

19. MCS Tech

20. VolkHan Brown Belt

from the FB profile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]