IMMAF World Championship in less than a month

Rules and summary.
So they wear shin guards... . I asked about the gear earlier but finally got some good answers here. Thanks for the info.

This immaf looks promising - except the name - couldnt they have been a council, since immac is a better name?

Im actually extremely excited about this, been reading up on it a bit last few days. I couldnt find a list of the teams anywhere tho, you have one? Like rosters etc.

Swedish LHW Alexander Marcusson, who beat the norweigian LHW about a month ago, is training with me. Me and our headcoach are in Vegas to support him.

Spoke to the leader of IMMAF August Wall

Last edited:
So they wear shin guards... . I asked about the gear earlier but finally got some good answers here. Thanks for the info.

This immaf looks promising - except the name - couldnt they have been a council, since immac is a better name?

They will not be wearing shinguards. The rules are under the ISKA, and in conjunction with Tuff-N-Uff, and will be handled as they always are in Nevada.

I'm still very much on the fence about the whole thing (as someone that is working with them). And to be clear, the IMMAF knows my grievances and concerns, so none of this is unfairly s#itting on them.

So let me make this clear... These are not damning condemnations. These are grievances I have with the current form, and are grievances some in IMMAF share as well. I bring these up in the hopes that during my work with the company, we can continue to improve it's standing.

*Multiple fights in a week: While some of us love the idea, it is highly problematic.

*Multiple weighins: The IMMAF believes people won't try to cut weight due to multiple days weighing in. Anyone who knows wrestlers knows this is not true, and problems will arise.

*Quick stoppages: This could become a slippery slope into point-fighting across the board. And with so many coming from so far away... this is a worrisome act that could mean a lot of upset fighters/coaches.

*Proclaiming before Establishing: The IMMAF has a long-term goal, for sure. But they are asking so much from fighters/trainers/countries with such little payoff as of now. The Romanian team is said to have had their coach mortgage his home in order to get them out here. Fighters who are not sponsored by their country are asked to pay as much as $600 to participate. CJ Floor, the Samoan olympic wrestler and current IMMAF Champion, chose not to participate after being told IMMAF would pay for his trip... then told he had to pay over $600.

Bootsy, any news on the Brazilian team?

I have not heard from them yet. According to Friday's meeting, there were specific issues on visas. I am putting a msg into Nyra Phillips regarding their current status so I can update you guys on the issue.

Update: Only one Brazilian made it through after only a single passport was returned. Amanda Ribas is apparently the only Brazilian to make it through.

The Romanians were found. So at least some positive news to go with the disappointing news.

Update: Only one Brazilian made it through after only a single passport was returned. Amanda Ribas is apparently the only Brazilian to make it through.

The Romanians were found. So at least some positive news to go with the disappointing news.

Thank you. Sucks that we won't get many America vs. Brazil finals.

Thank you. Sucks that we won't get many America vs. Brazil finals.

The real shame is no streaming. But I hope they'll end up with some tv or stream deal later on. Sure, it's not the same as live, but maybe that's for the best as the show spans a full week and they can cherry-pick the good stuff.

I'm very excited to see Danish kickboxer Sarah Jamila in the tournament. She's a wonderful young woman and a heck of an athlete. Couture's has been tuning her up well and her first ammy MMA bout was her abusing a game (but out-of-depth) Hawaiian in March.

I have no idea who any of those guys are, but I imagine they'll be in the UFC within a year or so

Who really knows but at least it gives people from countries outside the US a real chance to be seen by some of the industry folk. US citizens often forget the sport is centralized around them. Guys from Tajikistan don't have that luxury usually.

It sounds like a bit of a shambles, any results anywhere for the first day?

Polish National team prepared for Las Vegas

After successfully concluding the national tryouts last month, the Polish MMA Federation now has everything in order for the departure of their national team to the IMMAF World Championships in Las Vegas. The last step of the arrangements was an extensive briefing that included a trip to The United States’ embassy in Poland, some more training at AWF Warsaw and, finally, a well-deserved dinner. Now everyone is ready to board towards the next challenge, reportedly the team is looking forward to reap glory in foreign lands.

The Polish team consists of: Alexander Milczarek, Kacper Formela, Lukasz Siwiec, Karol Linoswki and Marcin Kalata. Head Coach is PLMMAF President Miroslaw Okninski and Team Leader is Pawel Harasim. Along for the journey the Polish team has the support of their community and among them Polish Professional MMA athlete Krzyszrof Jotko, who has sent a message of support over video to his fellow countrymen, promising to keep his fingers crossed for their success in Nevada.

from the FB profile:

The first IMMAF Amateur World Championships of MMA have kicked off with brilliant first two days, with athletes representing 22 different countries from around the world.

Competing National Federation teams include: Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Lebanon, Malaysia, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, South Africa, Sweden, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States.

There's a phenomenal atmosphere out here and the competition standard is impressive. The heat is something else!

Stay tuned for fight results and competition updates.

*Where to Watch* The IMMAF Championships are being filmed for TV with broadcast details for event highlights & the finals to be announced very soon

10458894_501322149998216_6176155124263839928_n.jpg

10410576_501322209998210_3295718653243055923_n.jpg

10468362_501322319998199_8734494483088230779_n.jpg

10437490_501322456664852_7309339266531186083_n.jpg

Back