Imitating Floyd Mayweather Jr Shoulder Roll Gone Wrong

Something thats really easy to do badly, and really really difficult to do well.

Something thats really easy to do badly, and really really difficult to do well.

I can confirm that. I once sparred a girl, who was a beginner and very featherfisted. Couldn't have hurt a toddler with her punches, LOL. So I tried the Crab against her and found out how difficult it is ...of course its about the slip and slide, but people underestimate how offensive and "in yo face" that position is or should be. It's not a defensive magic trick as many imagine.
Anyway, I stopped doing it and wouldn't recommend it unless you have someone competent to teach you, or unless you're a natural at it.

Though that video up there... Not sure how much the Crab has to do with it. Firstly the guy is not throwing back, and secondly he let's his man get way too close to him while walking back, instead of properly managing distance. Black dude is in ideal position and distance to get his punches off.

Reminds me of when I tried to get slick and throw an uppercut under my left and hit myself in the arm with the uppercut as my left was coming back to my chin. We all have moments we would like to forget. I'm just glad it happened in a rec.center and that I was bad enough that nobody bothered recording me, lol. Had cell phones been a thing yet....I don't even want to think at how many people would still be laughing.

I can confirm that. I once sparred a girl, who was a beginner and very featherfisted. Couldn't have hurt a toddler with her punches, LOL. So I tried the Crab against her and found out how difficult it is ...of course its about the slip and slide, but people underestimate how offensive and "in yo face" that position is or should be. It's not a defensive magic trick as many imagine.
Anyway, I stopped doing it and wouldn't recommend it unless you have someone competent to teach you, or unless you're a natural at it.

{<redford}

The crab is just a set of answers to questions you'll be asked in the ring. Most people just see guys like Floyd and Toney doing it, but they've never actually been taught the system by someone who actually knows it. You can even see it in the video in the OP; that guy right there is guessing.

Thought sure this was going to be about Berto/Guerrero.

was this the one i heard people trying to claim was 50 cent knocking out tyson fury?

If you're going to even try that shit if you're not Toney or Floyd, you need to keep distance and keep your back shoulder lowered and your front shoulder raised. That's the whole point of the style, to keep false lines of attack while opening up good angles for yourself.

was this the one i heard people trying to claim was 50 cent knocking out tyson fury?

that was years ago

QqaNDp.gif

Last edited:
at the very end of the video Is a little kid on a chair to the far right... did he just see daddy get planked?

at the very end of the video Is a little kid on a chair to the far right... did he just see daddy get planked?

He looks like a bright enough kid to switch dad's after that.

Back