IMHO Carlos Condit has a better guard for MMA than Nick Diaz.

How many has diaz?

I honestly have not seen every single diaz or condit fight, so i really do not know.

But judging someones guard off of subs does not mean much really. Some people play defensive guards, some sweep, some look for subs and some just try to stand up

Jackson, Gomi, Cyborg and Sakurai. He hit sweeps on Parisyan, Sanchez, Tibau and Sherk (although he used the sweeps on Sherk to get back to his feet). Diaz has also never been submitted or had his guard passed in MMA. Condit has been submitted 3 times and had his guard passed countless times. You'd have to be a fucking idiot to say Condit has a better guard.

Jackson, Gomi, Cyborg and Sakurai. He hit sweeps on Parisyan, Sanchez, Tibau and Sherk (although he used the sweeps on Sherk to get back to his feet). Diaz has also never been submitted or had his guard passed in MMA. You'd have to be a fucking idiot to say Condit has a better guard.

As someone pointed out before, Condit apparently has more subs off his back.

Condit also has some impressive sweeps as well.

Jackson, Gomi, Cyborg and Sakurai. He hit sweeps on Parisyan, Sanchez, Tibau and Sherk (although he used the sweeps on Sherk to get back to his feet). Diaz has also never been submitted or had his guard passed in MMA. Condit has been submitted 3 times and had his guard passed countless times. You'd have to be a fucking idiot to say Condit has a better guard.

I concur.

TS seems to be drinking the Kool Aid.

bj has great bjj and when he gets hooks into u the fight is all but over, in the 1st rd with diaz he had his back and both hooks in him and nick shook it off in seconds

Im honestly asking, has any fighter done that, maybe fitch after a few minutes, any others?

if diaz does what i think he does and win, sherdog will implode

As someone pointed out before, Condit apparently has more subs off his back.

Condit also has some impressive sweeps as well.

Tapping Prater and Larson and grabbing the cage to hit a sweep on DHK that he never would've otherwise been able to doesn't prove all that much.

Lets think about this for a second.... How many submissions has Condit had off of his back against bjj black belts? How many sweeps has he had against capable ground fighters? Diaz of course has good bjj, but it has yet to be proven as great. The same goes for Condit, however, Condit's guard has been proven to be more effective and useful in his fights than Diaz's guard has been for his. Thus, I have no choice but to think that Carlos has the better guard in regards to mma.

EDIT: I meant Diaz when asking about black belts submitted and sweeps.

Last edited:
Yah.. he does
23rojsi.png

bj has great bjj and when he gets hooks into u the fight is all but over, in the 1st rd with diaz he had his back and both hooks in him and nick shook it off in seconds

Im honestly asking, has any fighter done that, maybe fitch after a few minutes, any others?

IIRC he didnt get 2 hooks in on diaz

Tapping Prater and Larson and grabbing the cage to hit a sweep on DHK that he never would've otherwise been able to doesn't prove all that much.
1.gif

so he flipping DHK over with all that power generated from his arm on the cage?

You are allowed to put your hand on the cage for balance

Lets think about this for a second.... How many submissions has Carlos had off of his back against bjj black belts? How many sweeps has he had against capable ground fighters? Diaz of course has good bjj, but it has yet to be proven as great. The same goes for Condit, however, Condit's guard has been proven to be more effective and useful in his fights than Diaz's guard has been for his. Thus, I have no choice but to think that Carlos has the better guard in regards to mma.

Condit has a great guard for MMA but it's one dimensional. His sweeps are very overrated, his submissions are excellent though. Diaz can do it all from guard all while never having his guard passed or taking damage. He has sweeps, submissions and more than just a closed/half guard game like Condit does. He plays inverted guard, turtle guard, whatever he needs to. It's just a more diverse, dangerous and altogether far superior guard.

so he flipping DHK over with all that power generated from his arm on the cage?

You are allowed to put your hand on the cage for balance

You didn't need to post the gif, I've seen the fight countless times. He wasn't hitting that sweep without grabbing the cage (which he did, it was proven shortly after the fight happened). If you've spent time training BJJ, you know that sweep wasn't happening legally.

OFF TOPIC: Didn't Fitch sweep GSP once. My memory escapes me.

Pretty sure GSP took his back and Fitch reversed him from there, doesn't count as a sweep.

truthfully diaz guard is much greater than Condits.. especially for MMA. Diaz is one of the few guys whos guard people are scared to go into. condit just lays there, throws short elbows then trys to play some kind of rubber guard...

You're wrong pal, go learn what you're talking about.

Condit has a great guard for MMA but it's one dimensional. His sweeps are very overrated, his submissions are excellent though. Diaz can do it all from guard all while never having his guard passed or taking damage. He has sweeps, submissions and more than just a closed/half guard game like Condit does. He plays inverted guard, turtle guard, whatever he needs to. It's just a more diverse, dangerous and altogether far superior guard.

You didn't need to post the gif, I've seen the fight countless times. He wasn't hitting that sweep without grabbing the cage (which he did, it was proven shortly after the fight happened). If you've spent time training BJJ, you know that sweep wasn't happening legally.

Pretty sure GSP took his back and Fitch reversed him from there, doesn't count as a sweep.

He traps his arm on the correct side and flips him over on that side, it also looks like he gets a lot of power by pushing off the cage with his foot

Just saw it. Does not look like he gets 2 hooks in

idk from my vantage point he got both hooks for 2 secs, 1 hook for 5secs then side control for 10 secs then nothing.

He traps his arm on the correct side and flips him over on that side, it also looks like he gets a lot of power by pushing off the cage with his foot

It's all about how he got in position to push off the cage with his foot in the first place, he wasn't getting that angle on DHK without grabbing the cage. He didn't just push off the cage with his hand, he grabbed it to get his hips in place to where he could make that sweep happen. You could tell how off guard it caught DHK, that isn't a sweep that's happening legally and it's that simple. I remember having this specific conversation while training BJJ the day after that fight, everyone agreed.

idk from my vantage point he got both hooks for 2 secs, 1 hook for 5secs then side control for 10 secs then nothing.

Lol, he never got side control.

Back