Imagine when we had cards like this

Imagine when? What the fuck does that mean?
Edit, not English... As you were.

The ESPN deal guaran-damn-tees that you won't ever see a card like that for as long as the UFC is getting money without any real consequences of how good or bad a PPV is. Sad but true.

I also remember that card. My friends and I ordered it and it was great. #UFCisdying

Haha possibly but just enjoy them for what they brought and also when they do still fight haha

This is the thing, maybe be open a little more to liking newer fighters too, they may never replace the fighters you loved but you can sometimes grow to like the up and coming fighters for their game etc..

Dan Hooker is one at the moment who seems to be quite exciting with a growing fan base, if he keeps it going he could be pretty high on the cards a lot a year or so down the line but regardless of Dan my point is say if you find a new fighter you really like or even enjoy just in general watching their rise can also be really great and then we'll no doubt look back on them in 10 years time or whatever and be like damn remember when cards we're as good as this haha :)

Also when you do see a fighter rise you like and they get to the top you find you adore them fighters too at that point as you've been with them through their journey which they succeeded in :)

That’s very true and a good point. I got some newer fighters that I like and I hope that keeps growing and evolving.

Also still love MMA and trying to watch as much as possible, only suck that cards are at night. Usually wake up around 3:30 so I can watch the final prelim fight and main card.

Who are your up and coming favourites I should keep an eye on? :)

Featherweight Conor McGregor (ic) def. José Aldo (c) KO (punch) 1 0:13 [a]
Middleweight Luke Rockhold def. Chris Weidman (c) TKO (punches) 4 3:12
Middleweight Yoel Romero def. Ronaldo Souza Decision (split) (29–27, 28–29, 29–28) 3 5:00
Welterweight Demian Maia def. Gunnar Nelson Decision (unanimous) (30–26, 30–25, 30–25) 3 5:00
Featherweight Max Holloway def. Jeremy Stephens Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28) 3 5:00

With Faber,Colby & Kevin Lee on the prelims.

Compared with the biggest card of the year in 2019:

Light Heavyweight Jon Jones (c) def. Anthony Smith Decision (unanimous) (48–44, 48–44, 48–44) 5 5:00 [a]
Welterweight Kamaru Usman def. Tyron Woodley (c) Decision (unanimous) (50–44, 50–44, 50–45) 5 5:00
Welterweight Ben Askren def. Robbie Lawler Technical Submission (bulldog choke) 1 3:20
Women's Strawweight Zhang Weili def. Tecia Torres Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 30–27, 30–27) 3 5:00
Bantamweight Pedro Munhoz def. Cody Garbrandt KO (punches) 1 4:51

Feels like an end of an era. Loved the UFC PPV's between around 180 & 199.
From just a fighting perspective, I think the 2019 holds up. It can't compare to the Conor GOAT press conference and PPV. You are dealing with the Pied Piper of Dublin. He could sell like no other.

Completly forgot about Weidman Rockholt going into the 4th...

Featherweight Conor McGregor (ic) def. José Aldo (c) KO (punch) 1 0:13 [a]
Middleweight Luke Rockhold def. Chris Weidman (c) TKO (punches) 4 3:12
Middleweight Yoel Romero def. Ronaldo Souza Decision (split) (29–27, 28–29, 29–28) 3 5:00
Welterweight Demian Maia def. Gunnar Nelson Decision (unanimous) (30–26, 30–25, 30–25) 3 5:00
Featherweight Max Holloway def. Jeremy Stephens Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28) 3 5:00

With Faber,Colby & Kevin Lee on the prelims.

Compared with the biggest card of the year in 2019:

Light Heavyweight Jon Jones (c) def. Anthony Smith Decision (unanimous) (48–44, 48–44, 48–44) 5 5:00 [a]
Welterweight Kamaru Usman def. Tyron Woodley (c) Decision (unanimous) (50–44, 50–44, 50–45) 5 5:00
Welterweight Ben Askren def. Robbie Lawler Technical Submission (bulldog choke) 1 3:20
Women's Strawweight Zhang Weili def. Tecia Torres Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 30–27, 30–27) 3 5:00
Bantamweight Pedro Munhoz def. Cody Garbrandt KO (punches) 1 4:51

Feels like an end of an era. Loved the UFC PPV's between around 180 & 199.
Should have been around in the PRIDE days then. Imagine how we felt then.

The thing about that era was, there was always something to look forward to. Almost every ppv had a really high stake title fight on it, or a fight to get super hyped about. I feel like there is not a single fight booked at the minute that I care that much about. The MSG card is gonna be good, but again there's nothing at stake.

Why would I need to imagine something I can remember?
Surely you use your imagination for things that haven't happened.

The vast majority of cards are absolute shit with 90% of the names being unrecognizable to anyone but the most hardcore fans.
So in other words TS is a casual. Not that it's a surprise.

So in other words TS is a casual. Not that it's a surprise.

I've been watching since UFC 3...and yes I have evolved into a casual. The transformation began when they started doing 30 cards a year and stuffing them with nobodies. It's only gotten worse over time.

I've been watching since UFC 3...and yes I have evolved into a casual. The transformation began when they started doing 30 cards a year and stuffing them with nobodies. It's only gotten worse over time.
Meh, that doesn't bother me. I enjoy watching fights.

Its funny that the co-main of the card you listed are not even top 10 anymore and have been heavily exposed, but keep doing you

Also "barely top 15" gunnar nelson lol

Back