Imagine when we had cards like this

The Invisible

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Featherweight Conor McGregor (ic) def. José Aldo (c) KO (punch) 1 0:13 [a]
Middleweight Luke Rockhold def. Chris Weidman (c) TKO (punches) 4 3:12 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_194#cite_note-22
Middleweight Yoel Romero def. Ronaldo Souza Decision (split) (29–27, 28–29, 29–28) 3 5:00
Welterweight Demian Maia def. Gunnar Nelson Decision (unanimous) (30–26, 30–25, 30–25) 3 5:00
Featherweight Max Holloway def. Jeremy Stephens Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28) 3 5:00

With Faber,Colby & Kevin Lee on the prelims.

Compared with the biggest card of the year in 2019:

Light Heavyweight Jon Jones (c) def. Anthony Smith Decision (unanimous) (48–44, 48–44, 48–44) 5 5:00 [a]
Welterweight Kamaru Usman def. Tyron Woodley (c) Decision (unanimous) (50–44, 50–44, 50–45) 5 5:00 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_235#cite_note-14
Welterweight Ben Askren def. Robbie Lawler Technical Submission (bulldog choke) 1 3:20
Women's Strawweight Zhang Weili def. Tecia Torres Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 30–27, 30–27) 3 5:00
Bantamweight Pedro Munhoz def. Cody Garbrandt KO (punches) 1 4:51

Feels like an end of an era. Loved the UFC PPV's between around 180 & 199.

We've had better cards since then and even before.

These threads come up a lot but half the time the fighters on the cards we're seeing them much better now than we did the at the time when they were on the card.

Like we can have fighters tonight that will be low on the card and in 2 - 3 years or so will be like Max Holloway.

Also, Nov 2nd card is very packed like this, it's just how you're looking at it that's all :)

UFC 217 is the best card of all time IMO

Featherweight Conor McGregor (ic) def. José Aldo (c) KO (punch) 1 0:13 [a]
Middleweight Luke Rockhold def. Chris Weidman (c) TKO (punches) 4 3:12
Middleweight Yoel Romero def. Ronaldo Souza Decision (split) (29–27, 28–29, 29–28) 3 5:00
Welterweight Demian Maia def. Gunnar Nelson Decision (unanimous) (30–26, 30–25, 30–25) 3 5:00
Featherweight Max Holloway def. Jeremy Stephens Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28) 3 5:00

With Faber,Colby & Kevin Lee on the prelims.

Compared with the biggest card of the year in 2019:

Light Heavyweight Jon Jones (c) def. Anthony Smith Decision (unanimous) (48–44, 48–44, 48–44) 5 5:00 [a]
Welterweight Kamaru Usman def. Tyron Woodley (c) Decision (unanimous) (50–44, 50–44, 50–45) 5 5:00
Welterweight Ben Askren def. Robbie Lawler Technical Submission (bulldog choke) 1 3:20
Women's Strawweight Zhang Weili def. Tecia Torres Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 30–27, 30–27) 3 5:00
Bantamweight Pedro Munhoz def. Cody Garbrandt KO (punches) 1 4:51

Feels like an end of an era. Loved the UFC PPV's between around 180 & 199.

The only difference between the two is Conor/Aldo being a much bigger fight. They both seem pretty stacked to me.

DarkDisgustingCero-max-1mb.gif

I actually purchased that Conor vs Aldo card....

Crazy to think that Jacare arguably won both the Yoel and Kelvin fight.
I'm a huge Yoel fan, btw. But damn that was a close one, Kelvin fight was even closer - Jacare won 29-28 in my book.

Up there with the scariest and most intimidating fighters ever.

A lot of cards look better in hindsight. Holloway wasn’t quite Holloway yet and not many people knew much about Colby and FKL.

I agree that the cards are worse now, but if we go back 10 years or so we had the more consistently good cards.

Crazy to think that Jacare arguably won both the Yoel and Kelvin fight.
I'm a huge Yoel fan, btw. But damn that was a close one, Kelvin fight was even closer - Jacare won 29-28 in my book.
I think Jacare beat Gastelum but he looked so gassed and that swayed the judges. Yoel at least badly hurt Jacare and did more damage.

These threads come up a lot but half the time the fighters on the cards we're seeing them much better now than we did the at the time when they were on the card.

Like we can have fighters tonight that will be low on the card and in 2 - 3 years or so will be like Max Holloway.

Also, Nov 2nd card is very packed like this, it's just how you're looking at it that's all :)
I agree with tht, but just sad to see for me personally that guys like Rockhold,Jacare,Conor,Aldo etc are all at the end of their career. They where the guys I started my MMA journey with. Little bit nostalgic haha

I agree with tht, but just sad to see for me personally that guys like Rockhold,Jacare,Conor,Aldo etc are all at the end of their career. They where the guys I started my MMA journey with. Little bit nostalgic haha

Haha possibly but just enjoy them for what they brought and also when they do still fight haha

This is the thing, maybe be open a little more to liking newer fighters too, they may never replace the fighters you loved but you can sometimes grow to like the up and coming fighters for their game etc..

Dan Hooker is one at the moment who seems to be quite exciting with a growing fan base, if he keeps it going he could be pretty high on the cards a lot a year or so down the line but regardless of Dan my point is say if you find a new fighter you really like or even enjoy just in general watching their rise can also be really great and then we'll no doubt look back on them in 10 years time or whatever and be like damn remember when cards we're as good as this haha :)

Also when you do see a fighter rise you like and they get to the top you find you adore them fighters too at that point as you've been with them through their journey which they succeeded in :)

I actually purchased that Conor vs Aldo card....

I was there

1- Jacare was robbed

2- Weidman's corner should have stopped it

3- Never seen a reaction like when Aldo went down. Got hit with at least 4 beers that people threw in the air.

4- Never seen Vegas security lose control of a situation. The MGM was bedlam.

5- Walkin along. Singin his song. Livin in a Mcgregor wonderland.

There's only one Conor Mcgregor

Back