Imagine if Dustin does what Conor couldn’t.

Martialarts123

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
And finishes Nate with strikes? Wow. A large part of me is so devastated that this fight isn’t five rounds.

MMA math apologies, but Conor destroyed Poirier, and so did MJ. Nate is competitive with the former and smoked the latter. Poirier could wrestle him but he's not gonna be able to deal with the reach disadvantage like Conor was.

Imagine if your dad did what I don’t and pulled out

Get ready for the flood of, "Conor broke his chin" threads.

It would be a solid win on a big stage but its not like Nate hasnt been tko'd before so it wouldn't be insane.

I actually think its a good fight for Nate. Poirier is an out-fighter, where Nate excells, & Poirier isn't great moving backward & Nate has a nice pressure game when he goes to it. Most importantly, Poirier has had 3 crazy wars in the past 9 months. Nate will be 4 in 12.

Plus Nate is a southpaw boxer & Poirier has lost to the last 2 he has fought(Conor & Michael Johnson whom Nate beat up).

Nate is prolly rusty from only fighting in the parking lot of Denny's like his brother. Who knows what will happen. I'm glad the UFC convinced one of the Diaz brothers to fight whether it was contractual obligation OR money that would be interesting to know.

Wait, Is Poirier really fighting Diaz or is TS just making up some random matchup?

He might, very different striking styles. Poirier will play donkey kong with Diaz head when he drops him, something Conor did not do.

I think a win over Tony Ferguson or Kevin Lee does more for Dustin than a win over Nate Diaz

Actually it says it’s happening just breaking. Well that should mean two things. Number one Conor/Khabib It’s practically a done deal. And number two I have no idea who is winning that fight? Nate is not really a good match up for him. That is going to be strictly a striking match.

I feel like this is the UFC tossing Dustin a bone that doesn't involve a title fight or interim title fight. Its a great fight and I want to see Nate again but this fight doesn't do anything for Poirier on the rankings but if he KOs Nate which is highly unlikely, that would make internet dorks think he is better than Conor.

MMA math apologies, but Conor destroyed Poirier, and so did MJ. Nate is competitive with the former and smoked the latter. Poirier could wrestle him but he's not gonna be able to deal with the reach disadvantage like Conor was.

He didn't destroy MJ, he won a clear 29-28 though. Poirier has shown good grappling in the past and should probably incorporate it in this fight.

Josh Thomson still got there first ;)

He most likely will. Nate is a subpar fighter in today's landscape. For whatever reason, he became the boogeyman in Conor's head, and was able to do well against him because of that.

He didn't destroy MJ, he won a clear 29-28 though. Poirier has shown good grappling in the past and should probably incorporate it in this fight.

MJ destroyed Poirier is what he was saying

And he did, he knocked him dead in like 2 minutes

Rooting for Diaz but all indications point toward a Poirier win to me.

If he wrestles that will be how he deals with the reach advantage. Conor doesn't wrestle.

Back