Imagine if Anderson could talk good **** in English in his prime?

WarFan90

I'm not a rat, I'm a turtle, a ninja turtle.
@purple
Reaction score
I think mma and the ufc shoots to a level we could not even imagine by this point. Add in all the other stars and conor and masvidal etc. Given the idea that Anderson was able to(not sure he would have even been a good shit talker but w.e) communicate well with the English speakers of the world he would have been soooooooo much bigger. In retrospect I forget he barely spoke english in the beginning. I cannot imagine if he was a master on the mic during those days and what it could have done for the sport. The ufc should have paid an english teacher to be with him 24/7. How much different do you think this game would be by now.

Just reminiscing about the goat during his prime and maybe ever and what could have been.

Kinda just like the Anderson we got. He didn't need the shit talk to get people excited, he did it with his fan friendly style. Ask any casual fan about the best fighters, you still get his name mentioned even now after his slide into retirement.

Israel is pretty much the current version of Silva with mic skills.

So he could say what exactly?

"excuse me mush?" "you wot mate?" " want me to come over there or somink?" "I'll smash da fook out of yoo!".

Israel is pretty much the current version of Silva with mic skills.

Israel is not "must see" entertainment at all. Not just compared to Anderson, but compared to most true MMA superstars. I'd say Israel is one of the most skilled fighters in UFC history, but that's not just what Silva was. Silva fights were events, they were spectacles

Israel is almost certainly better than prime Silva because "power creep" is a thing in most sports and because Anderson was probably assisted by PEDs, but that does not change the fact that Israel is just nothing close to as special to watch as Anderson was. Israel is just a dominant champ, he's not a walking Dragon Ball Z re-enactment

I think mma and the ufc shoots to a level we could not even imagine by this point. Add in all the other stars and conor and masvidal etc. Given the idea that Anderson was able to(not sure he would have even been a good shit talker but w.e) communicate well with the English speakers of the world he would have been soooooooo much bigger. In retrospect I forget he barely spoke english in the beginning. I cannot imagine if he was a master on the mic during those days and what it could have done for the sport. The ufc should have paid an english teacher to be with him 24/7. How much different do you think this game would be by now.

Just reminiscing about the goat during his prime and maybe ever and what could have been.
It's working great right now for Canelo, he's talking a lot of shit now, they taught him all cuss words first lol. They said Anderson talked shit before but in Portuguese, that's why he had a lot of drama/beef with Brazilian fighters.

Nah I prefer soft voice humble Silva that will murder you in the octagon.

Part of what I loved about Anderson is he was or at least seemed respectful, supremely confidant, gentle and soft until he got in the cage and the fact that it seemed he showed no emotion. It made his aura even better to me

call me a casual, but i miss prime (on a mic) Sonnen. suspensions or not, he should have finished his career in UFC. Silva 3, Rashad, Lil Nog, Shogun 2 - there was plenty of appropriate matchups for him right up to 2018-2019. with some luck and right cercumstances we could even have Chael v Nick Diaz.
for a moment i thought we have something with Covington, but turns out he's just to dumb to be entertaining.

Anderson talked shit in Portuguese and to Brazilian fighters. That's why he always had drama/beef with Brazilian fighters. People just don't think he talks shit because he doesn't say anything in English. Just look at the way he fights, nothing humble about him. Humble fighters don't fight like that. That's why the boxers with similar styles that Anderson was influenced by in boxing, that can talk shit in English, are the flashy shit talkers. You need a certain mindset to be able to fight like that.

Last edited:
The best part of Silva was his lack of trash talk coupled with how brutally he was murdering motherfuckers

Israel is not "must see" entertainment at all. Not just compared to Anderson, but compared to most true MMA superstars. I'd say Israel is one of the most skilled fighters in UFC history, but that's not just what Silva was. Silva fights were events, they were spectacles

Israel is almost certainly better than prime Silva because "power creep" is a thing in most sports and because Anderson was probably assisted by PEDs, but that does not change the fact that Israel is just nothing close to as special to watch as Anderson was. Israel is just a dominant champ, he's not a walking Dragon Ball Z re-enactment
I respect your opinion. We can look back on what Silva did as "must see" bc Silva had a long UFC career with many HL. Israel has a comparable skillset, rose to the title quickly like Silva did, but has only fought there for a few years. When Israel has 8, 9, 10-15 years under his belt, and if he continues to win, he has a very good chance at being "must see" in the same way Silva was. He has to continue building on his HL reel, which is already pretty good, but is only 3 years worth of fights.

He possesses the mic skills and banter that TS was wishing Silva had, and a comparable skillset, which was the point.

Back