Imagine how boring a fight with Wonderboy and Maia would be lol

ewww21

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I don't think we'd make it out of that one conscious. Two guys that put on stinkers against anyone who doesn't play into their game

It's like fighting a spammer irl. Someone who spams cheese at you in a fighting game and the only way to win is to avoid, so they look dumb when it doesn't work.

I don't think we'd make it out of that one conscious. Two guys that put on stinkers against anyone who doesn't play into their game

It's like fighting a spammer irl. Someone who spams cheese at you in a fighting game and the only way to win is to avoid, so they look dumb when it doesn't work.
The boring aspect of those fights is TYRON. Not them. He is the one who made those fights stinkers. Not Maia or woodley

Maia would 100% drag his ass to the canvas with his one good takedown so that fight would be great.

The boring aspect of those fights is TYRON. Not them. He is the one who made those fights stinkers. Not Maia or woodley
Literally the exact opposite is true lol

Wonderboy and Maia consistently put on shit fights if you don't fight the way they want you to. Think I'm lying? Take 5 minutes to examine their catalog. They are hard to look good against and can be boring as shit win or lose

I agree but the way this shit goes Wonderboy v Maia would be the next Rory/Lawler 2 somehow.

Wrong. They were all at fault. Maia/Woodley was both their faults. Woodley/WB was both their faults. Sometimes matchups just produce shitty fights. After fighting Tyron WB had a snooze fest against Till. After fighting Tyron, Maia had a snooze fest against Colby. Look what happened when Tyron got to face somebody who wasn’t awkward or trying to take him down nonstop.
giphy.gif

Don’t single Tyron out.

Maia’s takedown is telegraphed, and his striking is rudimentary compared to Thompson. If Thompson stays up, he can time his counter and knock Maia out.

In the off chance Wonderboy defends, how would it play out
Maia’s is relentless with that one drag down. If WB defends, there are more coming. And spending all that time worrying about takedowns might get his face busted up like Colby. Now if he’s able to defend takedowns and pepper Demian with shots he can win, but man that sounds like it would be as awful to watch as Woodley/Maia.

Wonderboy is only really exciting when his opponent has a Wand-like gameplan of pushing into the pocket throwing haymakers he can counter.

Maia was in the most boring WW title fight and ALSO in the most boring MW title fight.

I guess Woodley somehow managed to turn that fight into a boredom too, huh?

Or maybe Anderson Silva is a boring fighter

You don’t wanna see Maia get lit up and dispatched on some spinning sh!t bro ???

All Maia needs is a hold of Wonderboy in the clinch and the fight will probably be over. But Wonderboy is so elusive and great at keeping distance that that wouldn't happen without Maia eating several shots. Would actually be interesting to watch.

With respect to Maia I agree. Wonderboy can be a little boring himself; his fights with Rory and Till were also kinda boring.

You can't always 100% tell, who would have thought Lewis v Ngannou would have been such a stinker?

You can't always 100% tell, who would have thought Lewis v Ngannou would have been such a stinker?
Word. Same with cormier Silva. Mark hunts last couple fights have been surprisingly boring. Happens to the best of us

Back