Imagine Cain wins...

opponent

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
And gets injured for two years right after.

It has happened before.

it certainly is a possibility. If that happens i will probably lose whatever shred of hope i have left in the hw divison. No prospects, the average age is quite old, and if cain was champ again and got injured it would be the worst case scenario. I want werdum to stomp him again and then fight winner of either (jds vs overeem) or (mir vs AA) preferably winner of jds vs overeem.

I like Cain, but I really hope Werdum wins this fight. I enjoy HW title fights and Cain fights less than once a year.

Cain "let-down" Velasquez.

His entire career is one gigantic let-down.

-Was supposed to play foil to the Brock $$$ hype-train. Derails it instead.
-Was supposed to put on an amazing fight for UFC on FOX debut. Gets KTFO in seconds instead.
-Was supposed to be a great HW champion. Fights 2 rematches in 3 years instead.
-Was supposed to be the pi

We can but hope for a good fight and that the division doesn't get held hostage by injuries.

I'd think with his track record Cain would get stripped pretty quickly though.

I think Cain gets the win in the rematch at sea level

But that's a reason why I don't mind Werdum winning, he's brought life back into the division

No matter who wins will be declared the new HW GOAT by stupid MMA fans.

This will be happening for every new HW title fight (which should rename itself into rematch).

Cain is a great fighter, but as you all know he is injured too much. The HW belt is a huge attraction and UFC needs their HW champion to fight. I hope Werdum wins because he fights more than Cain and i really want to see Werdum vs JDS II.

No matter who wins will be declared the new HW GOAT by stupid MMA fans.

This will be happening for every new HW title fight (which should rename itself into rematch).

Im not so sure.

Cain has appeared beatable by various means, KO & Sub to achieve that title. It's not like he's Anderson or Fedor on some 20 streak win.

I can't imagine any way in which Cain wins this. Werdum is better at every aspect of MMA.

Back