Imagine 7 years ago someone told you Robbie Lawler will be the 2nd ranked WW in MMA.

Chuck Rock

Blue Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Robbie Lawler fighting for the UFC Welterweight title.

Robbie Lawler beating top ranked UFC Welterweight fighters.

Robbie Lawler 2nd best Welterweight fighter on the planet.

Now imagine your reaction if someone told you this after he lost to Jason Mayhem Miller in 2006.

I would've said 'well, 7 years is a lot of time to make improvements and adjustments to one's skillset...'

Was just taking to my bro about that. Thought when ufc signed him again he would be a gatekeeper at best

It's not that surprising. Robbie has always been pretty damn successful at WW. Most of his losses came from him moving up in weight.

I would've said 'well, 7 years is a lot of time to make improvements and adjustments to one's skillset...'

ok,

In 7 years:

Brandon Vera will be fighting for the UFC Heavyweight title.

Brandon Vera will be beating top ranked UFC Heavyweight fighters.

Brandon Vera will be the 2nd best Heavyweight fighter on the planet.

Hows that sound?

7 years is a long time.

Who would've thought A. Silva would become the GOAT after Ryo Chonan scissor heel hooked him?

You guys are $&@$$&; since lawler is winning in the ufc he has improved all of a sudden????. He has always been great...

Those are my thoughts every time he fights, TS.

Lawler is just a different man than he was before. Very calm, very technical.

ok,

In 7 years:

Hows that sound?

I can understand your comparison, but Robbie was very young back then. Crazy to think he is such a vet and is now 'only' 32.

ok,

In 7 years:

Hows that sound?

Brandon Vera is gonna be holding belts at 205 and heavyweight, and that's The Truth.

If seven years ago someone asked me about Lawler then I would have Googled to see who he is.

He has practically been W 1 L 1 since he moved up in weight.. He lost to Babalu Kennedy shields Larkin Mayham.... I thought for sure he would lose to Kos

Back