I'm worried about cerrone vs benson

Two guys who never put on sleeper fights, whose two fights have been anything but sleeper fights, will have a sleeper fight because of ... high fives?

Naaaa....

I hope it isnt one of those stupid high five fights. I remember being so pissed at Stevenson and Sanchez at UFC 95. Shit.

Is it going to be filled with Bro hugs and high fives?

I can't stand that during the fight!

During would be a bit much, but to see them go to war and then do it afterwards, sure thing, i like it.

TS, you obviously haven't seen a Donald Cerrone fight before.

These dudes will be going at it from the get-go.

They both have a lot to lose with this fight, so they'll both take it seriously and go for the kill. Cerrone has fought friends before (Guillard) and finished him. Bendo will probably utilize his normal safe style and win on points anyway.

First and foremost, please pm me about that AV :)

Respectfully, I agree with most of what you said but not the part about Henderson using a safe style to ride out a win. I think his striking defense is full of holes but he's got/had(?) a great chin so he was able to take more risks before. If he's grinding it's because he doesn't want to get punched in the face anymore and is using everything in his repertoire to prevent it. He is normally quite active in any position and avoiding striking range must be seen as a necessity, not a strategy to take the safe route.

As long as it doesn't descend into Crocop/Barry* territory, I'm fine with fighters showing some camaraderie in the cage. Can anyone else really properly appreciate what is happening between them at that moment? Certainly not non-fighters (including me).

I think it's going to be a great fight. I'm rooting for Cerrone and I'm not a Bendo fan but as long as they both perform well, I will be happy.

*I am a fan of both guys, especially Crocop but that was too much of a good thing.

Back