I'm very happy for Nate Diaz

Would've been happier for nate if the fight was at 155lbs for the interim LW title.

Nate box up Conor? no chance. Submit Conor, slight chance.

Conor will make quick work of Nate. I won't be surprised if Conor cracks that granite chin with precision and timing.

Why do you say its a slight chance?

Nate's BJJ is lightyears ahead of Conor.

Nate could sub him at will if it goes to the ground IMO.

Came here to make a similar thread, I hope Nate at least cashes in on that fight, we can only hope (judging by the fact he took time to negotiate).

Why do you say its a slight chance?

Nate's BJJ is lightyears ahead of Conor.

Nate could sub him at will if it goes to the ground IMO.

You answered you're own question with IF it goes to the ground.........I do not foresee it going to the ground which makes it a slight chance.

Figured I'd give this a bump since 196 has been run and won. I'll admit to being a doubter, I thought Conor had what it would take to beating Diaz. Glad to be wrong though, a great event and Nate has a signature win on his record and a pocket full of cash.

Also Conor is now forced to fight at 145 again so we might see Conor/Edgar, which is a dream come true for me. Good times!

Well done Nate!

Hey guys,

I was really disappointed that RDA had to withdraw from his fight with Conor. I was a also bit disappointed that El Cucuy wasn't called up as the replacement - that would have been a great fight and he is the best alternative.

With that said, listening to Nate Diaz talking about how the key to beating McGregor is to "train hard and ninja his ass up" reminded me that Nate was born to fight. He doesn't really have much else that he would be good at or want to do. He's been a solid fighter for a long time, but was never quite able to make it big. This is a great opportunity for him but even if he gets smoked early he will at the least be well compensated for his time.

As a fan of fights and fighters, I like this match, it should be a good show. As a guy who cares that some fighters try their hardest but never get to the top and never make any serious money I am really happy for Nate. I'm still really stoked for the fights March 5th.

Anyone else feel the same way?
Fuck yeah cod!
Finally happy the dude is
getting his dues paid. He's
come a long way from wec,
changing brackets, earning
title shots, losing title shots,
being shit on by his boss for
"not moving the needle", etc....

These two dudes were largely
shit on for years outside of
us few nughuggers.

According to sherdog, everyone
was always supposed to be the
first to knock them out. If it
wasn't guillard, it was daley...
If it wasn't daley, it was condit..
If it wasn't condit, it was conor.

Oh well, made me enjoy seeing
them eat shots & get bitch slapped
even more.

Hey guys,

I was really disappointed that RDA had to withdraw from his fight with Conor. I was a also bit disappointed that El Cucuy wasn't called up as the replacement - that would have been a great fight and he is the best alternative.

With that said, listening to Nate Diaz talking about how the key to beating McGregor is to "train hard and ninja his ass up" reminded me that Nate was born to fight. He doesn't really have much else that he would be good at or want to do. He's been a solid fighter for a long time, but was never quite able to make it big. This is a great opportunity for him but even if he gets smoked early he will at the least be well compensated for his time.

As a fan of fights and fighters, I like this match, it should be a good show. As a guy who cares that some fighters try their hardest but never get to the top and never make any serious money I am really happy for Nate. I'm still really stoked for the fights March 5th.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Bump for the Diaz double-dip. Dude made millions from his two fights with Conor. Also I was right about the fights being a good show (not right picking Conor in the first fight though, oops!).

Well done to both guys for putting on great fights and making huge money.

Fuck yeah cod!
Finally happy the dude is
getting his dues paid. He's
come a long way from wec,
changing brackets, earning
title shots, losing title shots,
being shit on by his boss for
"not moving the needle", etc....

These two dudes were largely
shit on for years outside of
us few nughuggers.

According to sherdog, everyone
was always supposed to be the
first to knock them out. If it
wasn't guillard, it was daley...
If it wasn't daley, it was condit..
If it wasn't condit, it was conor.

Oh well, made me enjoy seeing
them eat shots & get bitch slapped
even more

Yeah so that happened in the first Conor/Diaz fight too.

Bump for the Diaz double-dip. Dude made millions from his two fights with Conor. Also I was right about the fights being a good show (not right picking Conor in the first fight though, oops!).

Well done to both guys for putting on great fights and making huge money.
I'm actually happy that Diaz
won't accept any other fights.

Let his brain & body heal
& train for a single opponent.
It should only help him...

I'm actually happy that Diaz
won't accept any other fights.

Let his brain & body heal
& train for a single opponent.
It should only help him...
For his long term health and his personal wellbeing and life after fighting it's definitely the best option for him. He did a great job negotiating for the first fight and the capitalised. Great for him.

Initially I was against their second fight but by two weeks' ago I was pumped for it and it delivered big time. I'll watch them fight again for sure - maybe not next fight though, give it a year.

For his long term health and his personal wellbeing and life after fighting it's definitely the best option for him. He did a great job negotiating for the first fight and the capitalised. Great for him.

Initially I was against their second fight but by two weeks' ago I was pumped for it and it delivered big time. I'll watch them fight again for sure - maybe not next fight though, give it a year.
Dude could retire now & be set if
he so wanted. It's a feel good story
for sure

Back