I'm very happy for Nate Diaz

Codpiece

Not afraid to care
@Gold
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was really disappointed that RDA had to withdraw from his fight with Conor. I was a also bit disappointed that El Cucuy wasn't called up as the replacement - that would have been a great fight and he is the best alternative.

With that said, listening to Nate Diaz talking about how the key to beating McGregor is to "train hard and ninja his ass up" reminded me that Nate was born to fight. He doesn't really have much else that he would be good at or want to do. He's been a solid fighter for a long time, but was never quite able to make it big. This is a great opportunity for him but even if he gets smoked early he will at the least be well compensated for his time.

As a fan of fights and fighters, I like this match, it should be a good show. As a guy who cares that some fighters try their hardest but never get to the top and never make any serious money I am really happy for Nate. I'm still really stoked for the fights March 5th.

Anyone else feel the same way?

I'm way more hyped now than RDA vs Conor. Nate should box him up all night. WW vs FW Nate going to show why size matters

I'm just totally happy that Nate is getting a payday that will pay off his Ford Fiesta and the Rent-a-Center couch he's been making weekly payments on for the last two years.

I'm way more hyped now than RDA vs Conor. Nate should box him up all night. WW vs FW Nate going to show why size matters
Can't say I agree about RDA or Nate winning, but this is still a great fight, really intrigued. Nate's a good fighter, looked excellent against MJ and he can win if he fights the right way.

I'm just totally happy that Nate is getting a payday that will pay off his Ford Fiesta and the Rent-a-Center couch he's been making weekly payments on for the last two years.

Well...yeah! I mean I have been poor before, I didn't enjoy it. And I had to drive a Ford Fiesta back then. It's great that Nate may be able to have a better quality of life.

Baby we did it
Nate to nick
You know, I deliberately left any mention of changing bum lives and red panty nights out of the OP, but bless you for taking us there!

I still say Cerrone was a better choice for competition sake since he just had a camp and only fought half a round over the weekend. I really doubt Nate is in shape to go hard for 5 rounds. That said, I'm happy for Nate that he's getting a good pay check for once.

too real man, too real.

Yea I'm glad Connor is changing this bum's life. I like Nate, he comes to fight. I respect that. He's most likely going to get starched.

I still say Cerrone was a better choice for competition sake since he just had a camp and only fought half a round over the weekend. I really doubt Nate is in shape to go hard for 5 rounds. That said, I'm happy for Nate that he's getting a good pay check for once.
Like I said in the OP, Ferguson was the guy to go with. He's probably started training for Khabib, fights regularly, is big and powerful, has a fan friendly style and is starting to become more popular. And he was due a title shot at LW in his next two fights. I would have loved that fight.

Like I said in the OP, Ferguson was the guy to go with. He's probably started training for Khabib, fights regularly, is big and powerful, has a fan friendly style and is starting to become more popular. And he was due a title shot at LW in his next two fights. I would have loved that fight.

I know Khabib offerred to take the fight but never saw anything about Ferguson. Cowboy even offerred to cut to LW for Conor. I'm not pissed about Nate getting it but I do believe the UFC and Conor chose him because they think he's an easier fight given the lack of preparation.

I felt this way about anderson vs nick and it ended up being a dud bottom line is the diaz brothers skills only go so far.

I know Khabib offerred to take the fight but never saw anything about Ferguson. Cowboy even offerred to cut to LW for Conor. I'm not pissed about Nate getting it but I do believe the UFC and Conor chose him because they think he's an easier fight given the lack of preparation.

I bet khabib offered to the UFC brass they said no "acting like that Fox card matters"... And they didnt even present his name to Conor

Im glad he held out for a bigger payday. I would like to see Nate go for the TD and submissions instead of standing and getting beat on.

Khabib would have been a terrible option.

Totally different fight style, dangerous style for Conor, rarely fights, no following. From a business perspective there is zero upside for the UFC.

I felt this way about anderson vs nick and it ended up being a dud bottom line is the diaz brothers skills only go so far.

Lol. Nick was fighting the bigger guy who was a better striker with KO power and good TDD. I don't know what you expected from that fight? Nick survived and got in some good hits, that's the best he could've asked for.

I'm glad he's making some decent moneymoney

Back