I'm thoroughly convinced McGOAT is the best athlete alive...

Tyson couldnt dunk a basketball. I know hes under 6 foot but buggsy at 5'5 could. Bet iron mike couldnt even do a back flip yet shawn johnson whos white and similar build could

Not taking anything away from mike though, great fighter but not that great of an athlete

Mike Tyson also never trained to dunk a basketball. You have no clue how his body would have reacted to that kind of pylo training his whole life. I get your point, but I think people weigh this whole vertical jump aspect way too heavily in terms of athleticism. What about the guy with amazing natural ups, and no natural rhythm or hand eye coordination. Just a guy that can jump through the ceiling. I guess what I'm trying to say is that when it comes to athelticsm, imo, the sum of the parts, are greater than the strength of any individual part

TS, he wasn't tested on ESPN's Sport Science, which has a horrible reputation for being corny and overexaggerating numbers with their lame, larger than life analogies. He was tested by a major public university's (CSU's) sport performance department. No lame larger than life comparisons or analogies were given by them either.

Conor is one of the best athletes in MMA. Just know that. Defining the 'best athlete' alive or dead is subjective and there are several different types of elite athletes, none necessarily being 'better' than the other. For the longest time they've said that Olympic decathlon champions (gold medalists) are the best athletes in the world all around. I agree with that due to their athleticism's versatility.

Last edited:
I love it...

Per Sherdog writer Patrick Wyman:
"With betting odds that wide, we have finally reached the point where the McGregor hype train has gone off the rails. That is not to say that he will not win this fight, or even that he will not make it look easy, but the implied chance of McGregor losing here is less than eight percent, which seems more than a bit absurd."

Source: http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Preview-UFC-Fight-Night-McGregor-vs-Siver-80153

Mcgregor doesn't make the odds, dummy.

Because those guys all had fights when they needed to book Mcgregors opponent, dummy.

That the ufc decides to "coddle him" doesn't mean that they NEED to, do you understand the difference? otherwise, dummy.

1) It has not gotten out of hand? ok. 2) A prospect getting alot of attention due to his abilities having been recognized as supreme is not WWE-like, it's infact reminiscent of combat sports, if you were a fan who took the time to learn some history you'd know this, dummy.

Comparing featherweight and how a prospect there gets treated to how a VERY famous HEAVYWEIGHT was treated is beyond silly, are you writing this for idiots that won't realize this or what's the deal?

You're saying you need accomplishments to BE a great athlete? (as opposed to being RECOGNIZED as one) How does such accomplishments enhance your athleticism? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? It's like you're unfamiliar with the concept...

Conor has been at his UFC career for 2 years, give him a fucking break, this OP is trying to predict the future, not tell people that he's already arrived at the summit.

If McGregor ends up unable to win a UFC belt would it seem appropriate for the media push to have him crowned the greatest athlete in the world? Answer that riddle dummy...The rest of your post is nonsense and I don't feel like engaging in a debate with a 15-year old keyboard warrior with personality flaws.

Although I dislike him, I think bron bron is the best athelte competing today

Why can people not read further than the title?

I can see Pettis and Aldo do this sport science thing better than him, then have much better kicks and maybe better punches. Even Makdessi would show him up in kicking.

(JK)
After watching the sports science thing on McGOAT,as many of you know,they said Conor was not only an elite athlete,but an elite,compared to the elites.

This is just getting out of hand,the hype,the in your face ads is crazy,his talk is crazy and this guy has gotten pushed more than my 72 gremlin......
What say you,sherdog? Best athlete ever? Not even close?

Not even elite by MMA standards. See: Nick Diaz running triathlons in his spare time.

And that is the best AV I've seen in a long time CD.

He's got one of the best bodies. Super hero physique.

This might be the most pertinent comment in this thread. :p

FYI -
Not many 5'8", 145-165 lbs superheroes. Most of are bigger. From the most popular, basically this would be Spider-Man and the Robins. Even the first Robin, turned Nightwing is 5'10", 175 lbs at adulthood.

Tyson couldnt dunk a basketball. I know hes under 6 foot but buggsy at 5'5 could. Bet iron mike couldnt even do a back flip yet shawn johnson whos white and similar build could

Not taking anything away from mike though, great fighter but not that great of an athlete

I don't know if you are joking are not but you are out of your mind to say Mike wasn't a great athlete. He was probably the most explosive HW fighter to ever step in the ring. He had great agility, movement, speed, and power for his size. He may not have been able to dunk a basketball (mainly because of his height/short arms) but I bet he would have have had a higher vertical, better shuttle, and better 40 time than almost all the HWs, Boxing or MMA. & with a little practice, he could land a backflip.

He might be a good athlete but even if you had a vote in Ireland on who the greatest Irish athlete ever was, Irish rubgy captain Brian O'Drisscoll would beat him. Might even beat Conor is a fight too, hard as nails was BOD.

brian-o-driscoll.jpg

It's amusing how badly some of this media push annoys/upsets some of you folks.

It's not hard to look past it and form your own opinions.

Back