I'm thinking about buying a used vehicle. Have a few questions.

Buy a Chevy or a Dodge cant go wrong.

I'm currently driving a Dodge. I stated that above. 03 SX 2.0 R/T. It's starting to fall apart.

Dodges are nice to look at but are pretty shitty.

I'd be weary of a 6 year old vehicle with only 30k miles on it, to be honest.

It's not even miles it's kilometers (Canadian here). So it's even less. They were driven by seniors and mostly around town, which is why I assume they are so low. I've only put 20k km's on my Neon since I bought it in '07. It's not hard to believe as long as you don't do like any highway driving.

Posted pics in post #11.

I've owned two Dodge vehicles over the years. Terrible pieces of shit.

I drive a 1997 Ford Explorer now with over 250,000 miles and haven't had any major issues with it.

I have a Pontiac with 230,000.

I have a Pontiac with 230,000.

good man a Pontiac, good ole fashion motor city muscle.GM should have never ceased production on Pontiac's they're iconic...Skate bro as long as you're not in Fiero, or Aztek then you're good bro.

I'd never buy a GM. Fuckin' garbage vehicles. BEER is right.

I'm currently driving a Dodge. I stated that above. 03 SX 2.0 R/T. It's starting to fall apart.

Dodges are nice to look at but are pretty shitty.

It's not even miles it's kilometers (Canadian here). So it's even less. They were driven by seniors and mostly around town, which is why I assume they are so low. I've only put 20k km's on my Neon since I bought it in '07. It's not hard to believe as long as you don't do like any highway driving.

Posted pics in post #11.

firstly that is a highly subjective and in reality woefully inaccurate description of any MOPAR. you just have to pick a Dodge like a used Viper, or a used SRT 10 Challenger, or a good Dodge RAM truck and you'll be fine. feel free to PM me for further guidance in selecting your next MOPAR, or CHEVY. i'll be glad to help.

I'd never buy a GM. Fuckin' garbage vehicles. BEER is right.

WHOA! WHOA!! dude deems fighting words were I'm from! firstly. Toyota has had its issues, Honda's been putting M18 claymores were their airbags should be. all auto companies unless you're getting some hand built Bentley will have a few minor hiccups. I've only owned GM cars through out my life and with the one exception being a 1987 IROC-Z28 that was a complete money pit. I've been very happy. looking to buy a Camaro ZL1, or Corvette Stingray in the very near future.

WHOA! WHOA!! dude deems fighting words were I'm from! firstly. Toyota has had its issues, Honda's been putting M18 claymores were their airbags should be. all auto companies unless you're getting some hand built Bentley will have a few minor hiccups. I've only owned GM cars through out my life and with the one exception being a 1987 IROC-Z28 that was a complete money pit. I've been very happy. looking to buy a Camaro ZL1, or Corvette Stingray in the very near future.

lol was j/k. I hear car wars at work all the time. Gets a little repetitive after a bit. Like beating a dead horsepower.

Never understood brand loyalty though. Every manufacturer has produced shit products.

firstly that is a highly subjective and in reality woefully inaccurate description of any MOPAR. you just have to pick a Dodge like a used Viper, or a used SRT 10 Challenger, or a good Dodge RAM truck and you'll be fine. feel free to PM me for further guidance in selecting your next MOPAR, or CHEVY. i'll be glad to help.

lol..

a0823f7c_Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpg

Buy whatever vehicle you feel comfortable in.
Brand loyalty is hilarious these days. every manufacturer makes some decent stuff, but the vast majority of everything they make is point a to point b stuff because that's what the market calls for. (with exception to stuff like Pagani, Koenigsegg, and etc...)
and for the vast majority of people all you need to do is [at least] follow the maintenance schedule and you're good for how-ever long you plan on keeping the car for.
if you're buying ANY new car, especially a first gen, you're taking a small gamble, but the VAST majority of the time, you'll be fine.
if you're buying ANY used car, you're taking a little bit of a bigger gamble, but as long as you know beforehand what you're getting yourself into and have some money set aside for 'just in case', you'll be fine.

lol was j/k. I hear car wars at work all the time. Gets a little repetitive after a bit. Like beating a dead horsepower.

Never understood brand loyalty though. Every manufacturer has produced shit products.

lol..

I just noticed you're from Ontario, dude you better not be in Windsor or London because you guys are like the northern nicer suburbs of Detroit.

a0823f7c_Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpg

Buy whatever vehicle you feel comfortable in.
Brand loyalty is hilarious these days. every manufacturer makes some decent stuff, but the vast majority of everything they make is point a to point b stuff because that's what the market calls for. (with exception to stuff like Pagani, Koenigsegg, and etc...)
and for the vast majority of people all you need to do is [at least] follow the maintenance schedule and you're good for how-ever long you plan on keeping the car for.
if you're buying ANY new car, especially a first gen, you're taking a small gamble, but the VAST majority of the time, you'll be fine.
if you're buying ANY used car, you're taking a little bit of a bigger gamble, but as long as you know beforehand what you're getting yourself into and have some money set aside for 'just in case', you'll be fine.

Pagani, Koenigsegg, and etc

what communist heathen witchcraft you talkin boy?!?!? I aint never even heard of those brands and I am a car aficionado....of chevy and dodge. I also like the exotics Lamborghini, Ferreari, some BMW's. If you don't want a used chevy or MOPAR you should get a used Lamborghini Murcialago.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...CXjv__XLU3Keda-3Eykuhh_lpJaxbGEZVnrGr7LZDj-Zw

I just noticed you're from Ontario, dude you better not be in Windsor or London because you guys are like the northern nicer suburbs of Detroit.

Does is make you angry that the Hellcats are being built up here and not in 'murica?

Pagani, Koenigsegg, and etc

what communist heathen witchcraft you talkin boy?!?!? I aint never even heard of those brands and I am a car aficionado....of chevy and dodge. I also like the exotics Lamborghini, Ferreari, some BMW's. If you don't want a used chevy or MOPAR you should get a used Lamborghini Murcialago.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...CXjv__XLU3Keda-3Eykuhh_lpJaxbGEZVnrGr7LZDj-Zw

I'm looking into getting a 996 [possible 997] turbo this spring actually. thanks though.

Does is make you angry that the Hellcats are being built up here and not in 'murica?

have you ever been to the western provinces sir? if you have then you'd know that there's more snuff dipping, pick up driving, brush guard having, mud tire wheeling Canadians then in most of the lower 48 save of course for Texas. Also You guys are like or Russian mechanized invasion speed bump.(just thought I'd ad that) also Curling is stooopid.

have you ever been to the western provinces sir? if you have then you'd know that there's more snuff dipping, pick up driving, brush guard having, mud tire wheeling Canadians then in most of the lower 48 save of course for Texas. Also You guys are like or Russian mechanized invasion speed bump.(just thought I'd ad that) also Curling is stooopid.

I have lived and worked in AB, SK, and BC - so yes to your question. not sure how to respond to whatever the rest of that PBR soaked jibber jabber was.

If it's from a private seller tell them you want to run it by your mechanic and have him take a look at it before you purchase it. We just recently sold my wife's car and I had no problem doing this for the buyer and a person who is selling a reliable vehicle should have no issue with it either.

Posted pics in post #11.

Go for it, low mileage older vehicles are the best bang for your buck.

I bought a 2007 Impala SS that had 54k on it last year. Some businesses woman drove it before me and owned it since new. I know that car was never beaten on until I got behind the wheel.

definitely do extensive research before pulling the trigger. i would even suggest getting a black light and checking for cum stains. my car looks like a jackson pollock painting inside under a black light. trust me on this, you don't want to be riding around the next 5-10 years in some guy's jizz.

Or does he?

Back