"I'm the kind of guy that laughs at a funeral"

It usually happens when someone doesn't know how to respond appropriately to context. So, an emotionally charged event that a person is unwilling or unable to connect to can make that person laugh as a mechanism to "lighten" a heavy moment that makes them emotionally in a "fight or flight" mode.

JUst stop it's embarrasing
<BidenShutIt>
Wut? I was born in a British Military Hospital in Germany (British soil) I lived in England for 34 years and have a British passport.
Having a Green Card doesn't make you American. I will be in a couple of years but I talk like a Brit because I'm a Brit.

I hate sad funerals. I much prefer the celebratory type where you get drunk and tell stories about the deceased and have a good time.

I laughed at a funeral once. It was a long time ago. I was 16 years old and I still to this day feel bad about it. I had no business even being there tbh. Let me know if you want more details.
l@nd0
^^^^^^^mods please move this post to the serial killer subforum here.

If you killed the person, then a lot of your posts make sense now TBH...
l@nd0

It usually happens when someone doesn't know how to respond appropriately to context. So, an emotionally charged event that a person is unwilling or unable to connect to can make that person laugh as a mechanism to "lighten" a heavy moment that makes them emotionally in a "fight or flight" mode.

I was only there because I wanted to get laid. My GF at the time invited me. Not sure why, it wasn't even her funeral, it was her friends mom's. And I barely knew her friend. Sad as fuck that her mom died too. I was a real piece of shit.

So I show up in a white dress shirt like a dumbass who's never been to a funeral before. And then midway through the funeral had an interpretive dance part where a man came out and did the literally that dance scene from The Big Lebowski.

And, predictably, I lost my shit. Sat in the very back and doing my best not to erupt and it's like you know sometimes the more you try not to laugh the worst it gets. So there I was laughing hard at a funeral. I was a real piece of shit at 16 too so when people heard me and we're looking at me I was like:

<JagsKiddingMe> because I was like how the fuck are you all not laughing at this shit holy shit. Like I said I still feel bad about it too, one of those things I still to this day cringe when I think about it.

I think its something to do with nerves when you know you mustn't laugh but do. I had a friend who took his gf to see Schindlers List and for some reason he got the giggles. He said he didn't think it was funny obviously but nearly choked trying to stop laughing which made him want to laugh more. Needless to say the girl wasn't impressed. The girl was German btw which might have had something to do with it.

Wut? I was born in a British Military Hospital in Germany (British soil) I lived in England for 34 years and have a British passport.
Having a Green Card doesn't make you American. I will be in a couple of years but I talk like a Brit because I'm a Brit.

Man, haven't you seen what's happened to MacKenzie Dern? You're gonna be talking like a valley girl or surf bum in less than 3 months......probably completely forget all of that British slang too.

I laughed at a funeral once. It was a long time ago. I was 16 years old and I still to this day feel bad about it. I had no business even being there tbh. Let me know if you want more details.
and yet, you've still never seen a barenaked lady

Back