Im surprised so many people actually say fedor is in the goat conversation

heyimacrab

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All i need to say is that when he finally joined a tough fighting promotion that had real fights he lost 3 in a row. That was embarassing and he got destroyed in all 3 fights. Idk how you can justify calling him top 5 when he lost so badly in strike force to antionio silvs. Then werdum whos pretty good and henderson. These are good fighters to lose to but this is the same dan henderson who just got diddy bopped by jake shields. I just dont see how people can list fedor in their top 5 what a joke. Even when you look at his wins his best wins were against guys with probably losing records in the ufc.

He never beat anybody good cro cop wasnt that great. Cro cop was pure garbage in the ufc along with the noguiera brothers who if you get a black belt from them is the equivalent of getting a free toy in your happy meal. The fact that fedor was too scared to ever join the ufc just shows how afraid he was to get exposed. So he chose strike force because he thought it would be easier and still got rocked 3 times in a row. Im sorry I'm just not buying the goat talk. Pride fighting produced some good fighters but the only ones that i truly accept as superve talents are those who transfered their abilities succesfully to the ufc (shogun, rampage).
I cant believe some people are saying fedor would be a top 5 heavy weight in todays division just because he beat a middle weaight (chael no strike defense sonnen). He couldnt even crack the top 10 in strikeforce 7 years ago. And please dont use age as an excuse we have a 40 year old holding the 2 toughest divisions in the sport down(who wont the title from 35 year old stipe, same age as strikeforce fedor). Im pretty sure antinio silva was 3 years younger and dan henderson was like 2.

He's by far and away the heavyweight goat and nobody else comes close. Deal with it.

I'm surprised you wrote so much about a topic that's been done to death and then some.

Paragraphs would help, though.

All i need to say is that when he finally joined a tough fighting promotion that had real fights he lost 3 in a row. That was embarassing and he got destroyed in all 3 fights. Idk how you can justify calling him top 5 when he lost so badly in strike force to antionio silvs. Then werdum whos pretty good and henderson. These are good fighters to lose to but this is the same dan henderson who just got diddy bopped by jake shields. I just dont see how people can list fedor in their top 5 what a joke. Even when you look at his wins his best wins were against guys with probably losing records in the ufc.

He never beat anybody good cro cop wasnt that great. Cro cop was pure garbage in the ufc along with the noguiera brothers who if you get a black belt from them is the equivalent of getting a free toy in your happy meal. The fact that fedor was too scared to ever join the ufc just shows how afraid he was to get exposed. So he chose strike force because he thought it would be easier and still got rocked 3 times in a row. Im sorry I'm just not buying the goat talk. Pride fighting produced some good fighters but the only ones that i truly accept as superve talents are those who transfered their abilities succesfully to the ufc (shogun, rampage).
I cant believe some people are saying fedor would be a top 5 heavy weight in todays division just because he beat a middle weaight (chael no strike defense sonnen). He couldnt even crack the top 10 in strikeforce 7 years ago. And please dont use age as an excuse we have a 40 year old holding the 2 toughest divisions in the sport down(who wont the title from 35 year old stipe, same age as strikeforce fedor). Im pretty sure antinio silva was 3 years younger and dan henderson was like 2.
You put all this work into a thread that went to the wasteland....you fucking suck. CONFIRMED

A thread-starting prohibition for those with a yellow card would be a step in the right direction.

mma really has to go era-by-era. fedor was the best of his era, but he's not the greatest of all time. GOATS don't lose to old middleweights.

Yeah pfft. Who couldn't go a decade undefeated at Heavyweight? Who couldn't beat 4 K1 champions? Who couldn't be 7-1 versus former UFC champions? The guy clearly accomplished nothing great in his career.

you do realize that the pride heavyweight division was the greatest heavyweight division of all time..at no other time in history, was there better fighters in one place...the cro cop in pride would have destroyed any and all heavyweights in the ufc...so would have big nog...by the time they got to the ufc, they were shadows of themselves...cro cop had numerous knee operations at that time...he was no longer the same fighter...and big nog, even though he wasn't in his prime, was still able to beat the champion tim silvia...and he also beat randy couture rather easily...and fedor losing to hendo and bigfoot, fedor was way past his prime at that point...and his fight against hendo, was a fluke...fedor had hendo on the ground and he was close to going out...he managed to sneak behind fedor and land a punch underneath. total rare occurance that would never happen twice...if that was pride fedor, hendo would have just been taken down and pounded out.

mma really has to go era-by-era. fedor was the best of his era, but he's not the greatest of all time. GOATS don't lose to old middleweights.

they do when one is way past his prime and the other is on trt...remember, hendo was juicing back then...

Well I'm not surprised this thread got wastelanded lol

Back