I'm surprised at how far down the ladder Anderson's GOAT status has dropped

Anderson has dropped so far down that his hair grew back
clap clap hillarious Silva fought in the weakest division at that time step up and fight Jones or GSP then Im impressed othertwise who did he fight seriously

Everyone deserve a chance to be a warrior.

Andy-Wang.jpeg
Everyone deserve a chance to be a warrior.

Andy-Wang.jpeg

Holy shit, that dude is a Warrior

Over rated Silva should just retire and go get a hairpiece Oh wait he did

Anderson is the GOAT Middleweight and that's all anyone ever needs to know... Arguably the greatest of all time at any weight... Certainly his MW run was something incredible to watch.

He really was something special... The way he destroyed great fighters like they were nothing for years... My all time favourite UFC championship run.

jpuh7c_jpg.gif

86220d7562be35d61ad48b337c40b2a0a183046811dc9374215c28fdcaf3aed6

nMHUt2.gif

Silva-upkick-on-Okami-ROTR.gif

CarefulUnfortunateDrever-size_restricted.gif

untitled-8n7yn5_medium.gif

Crazy-Anderson-Silva-Matrix-GIF-2.gif

KO-Front-Kick-Anderson-Silva-vs-Vitor-Belfort-GIF.gif

giphy.webp

asilvafinfranklin_medium.gif

gOH3BrB.gif

DimpledBackFox-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_o39ebhG6Ju1u2ragso4_r1_250.gif

giphy.webp

10001968.gif

t01auf.gif

silva%20v%20hendo.gif

hqsonnentaps_medium.gif

30b74978cb9c44971415da5993fca3f4.gif
His debut against Leben was the best. Destruction

For me it’s still:

Jones
GSP
Silva

Probably if he would’ve retired a few years ago people would still talk about him as one of the GOATs. I don’t care about the PEDs much, because we don’t really know who is clean and who’s not. It basically f*cks up the conversation. All we can really compare is the fighters resume and Silva has a great one.

I don’t mind comparing his striking with Conor’s though. Different styles but both are top5 all time best strikers in UFC

Funniest shit I ever saw was when next to Rhonda getting head kicked by Holley was when cocky Silva got knocked out by Weidman awesome

Not really, years from now when we look back we will largely ignore a lot of those late losses. This literally always happens in sports, at the moment it looks bad but people forget about that stuff.

Silva's legacy hasn't really taken much of a hit at all. GSP got a boost because he beat Bisping and was also gifted a win against Hendricks, so sometimes people will look at GSP's last 2 fights without much context and say, see - he's better than Silva! I mean yeah, he came back for a reason and fought at MW for the first time cause Bisping is a transitional champ, plus Silva arguably beat Bisping when Silva was past his prime. The whole GSP>Silva because GSP came back and got the MW title is really weird...it's like some people just want GSP to be ranked higher. Beating Bisping isnt that great of a win, even if he did have the belt on him.

GSP really should have lost to Johnny Hendricks also, so the whole GSP avenged all his losses is kind of weak, he literally retired right after and Hendricks never had a chance at a rematch (he fell apart afterward anyway).

Other than that Jon Jones passed by Silva (and GSP) - which naturally bumps Silva down the totem pole. Some people put Mighty Mouse over him as well.
Yeah there's no argument he won the Bisping fight. Pretty clear decision.

the ped issues and the losing streak has affected his status. he should have left after the bisping fight or brunson W. or hell, not come back once he broke his leg

Maybe. But his name gets big PPV numbers. I suspect Israel distanced the fight for crowd entertainment. So did DC. Again just my opinion. Just what I suspect.

the ped issues and the losing streak has affected his status. he should have left after the bisping fight or brunson W. or hell, not come back once he broke his leg

That was very impressive of him to come back after breaking his leg. Glad he lost the Bisping fight after his fouls.

I thought Nick Diaz could've beaten him. I lost $500 money on that. Diaz was a +400 or +450 underdog. I thought the leg would effect his kicking game and Diaz would out box him.

. he had that three-fight skid, but aside from that, he was very consistent. and he never looked outclassed in any fight.

Wut? He has a glass chin now and gets dropped by jabs.

Love Fedor but Silva old performed better

Only jones is allowed to cheat and trt Vitor. Everyone knows this

Well it is pretty much agreed that he took the steroids to help heal that leg - whether or not he was aware is one thing.

Outside of that when has he ever failed?

And his status has dropped because he continues to fight and tarnish that legacy. Nowadays it's about how much controversy you can stir up and how many ppv buys you can get the uneducated to buy. Hence why conor fans scream about how great he is despite him never having defended a title and losing while being a POS outside of the fight world.

Back