I'm surprised at how far down the ladder Anderson's GOAT status has dropped

I think that at one point, around 2010, he did several annoying things for the fans that ,make him look weird:
Disrespected opponent during the fights ( Maia, Cote, Wideman, Leites, etc)
Weird post fights interviews, etc
One of the worst : hitting Bisping illegally and fake a walk off victory

Silva is Goat fighter and goat entertainer. Fedor nuthuggers will find any excuse possible, ignoring the fact that Pride promoted peds and had absolutely no drug testing in place. Thats where fedor built his legacy atop cans.

The multiple steroid busts, boring performances in his prime and humiliating losses disqualified him from being the GOAT so all the losers who used to nuthug Andereon moved to Jon Jones who's another career juicer.

Fedor is the only GOAT.

Anderson still the guy that got me into MMA (my first live PPV was 101). He's still arguably the greatest UFC fighter ever, Jones has probably gone past him though, and I wouldn't argue if someone said GSP.

He has the greatest highlight reel of all time in the UFC, so many great moments, damn he was awesome to watch when at his peak.

That's fucked up though, because Jones got a pass. I mean, as far as pure skill, Silva is better than someone like Jones. A much better fighter overall. He just doesn't have octopus arms.
That’s absolutely false. Jones is a much better fighter overall. He has good submissions, elite wrestling, great stand up, and the highest IQ in the game. His skillset is the best we’ve seen to date.
Silva’s striking was light years ahead of his adversaries but the guy cannot wrestle and had some holes in his game exposed by several fighters unwilling to chase him.

He's always mentioned in the top 4

Doesn't anybody remember how highly people used to think of him in these forums? He was like Jesus to half of the guys on Sherdog...."The GOAT and it's not even close". Now, he hardly ever gets referenced. What's even worse, people have the audacity to compare his striking to Conor's. It's shocking really. I really miss his fights. He was an absolute killer and had the best striking in UFC history. He also had a jaw made of pure iron. My theory is that part of it's because a lot of the people who worshipped him are no longer active in Sherdog. But I could be wrong. Maybe it's just recency bias.
Spider fan here.
But even at his best, IMO Fedor was GOAT. Perhaps simply because Fedor's dominance started before Silva's.

But in terms of talent and highlight finishes, I put Silva above all.

IMO people forgot. With the income of new breed of (Conor) fans, who are more vocal and insecure, so they tend to scream a lot, Anderson SIlva fans just stay quiet.
Besides, COnor fans only watched Silva's losses, so it is understandable their ignorance.

Not to take anything away from your post or James Irvin, but that first gif is a Yamasaki classic lmao.

As far as Irvin, he was definitely fun to watch in his heyday and had one of the worst downhill skids in MMA.
Everyone deserve a chance to be a warrior.

Andy-Wang.jpeg

He ain't got a pass from me
Let 'em all juice. I want Ubereem back. TRTitor. Jacked white boy.
Let them heal faster after fights, recover quicker in the cage. Fuck this natty shit. Its over rated.

Anderson is the GOAT Middleweight and that's all anyone ever needs to know... Arguably the greatest of all time at any weight... Certainly his MW run was something incredible to watch.

He really was something special... The way he destroyed great fighters like they were nothing for years... My all time favourite UFC championship run.

jpuh7c_jpg.gif

86220d7562be35d61ad48b337c40b2a0a183046811dc9374215c28fdcaf3aed6

nMHUt2.gif

Silva-upkick-on-Okami-ROTR.gif

CarefulUnfortunateDrever-size_restricted.gif

untitled-8n7yn5_medium.gif

Crazy-Anderson-Silva-Matrix-GIF-2.gif

KO-Front-Kick-Anderson-Silva-vs-Vitor-Belfort-GIF.gif

giphy.webp

asilvafinfranklin_medium.gif

gOH3BrB.gif

DimpledBackFox-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_o39ebhG6Ju1u2ragso4_r1_250.gif

giphy.webp

10001968.gif

t01auf.gif

silva%20v%20hendo.gif

hqsonnentaps_medium.gif

30b74978cb9c44971415da5993fca3f4.gif

Guy gave zero fucks and showed the world what magic in the octagon is.

Honestly is was a privilege to witness.

Thanks for the gifs / memories.

In terms of the OP - I think that new fans just don't have any context to go by.

Yeah, and then a plucky young Irishman showed up.{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

He stayed too long. People have seen to much of the sub-standard C-level Spider. PEDs. Time.

It's like Ronda. If she'd gone to fake fighting two bouts earlier, people would still say she was GOAT. Hanging around to pick up paychecks decreases your luster. Not saying you shouldn't do it. But it's literally trading legacy for money.

Doesn't anybody remember how highly people used to think of him in these forums? He was like Jesus to half of the guys on Sherdog...."The GOAT and it's not even close". Now, he hardly ever gets referenced. What's even worse, people have the audacity to compare his striking to Conor's. It's shocking really. I really miss his fights. He was an absolute killer and had the best striking in UFC history. He also had a jaw made of pure iron. My theory is that part of it's because a lot of the people who worshipped him are no longer active in Sherdog. But I could be wrong. Maybe it's just recency bias.
He never fell off in my book. But it's been way pass time for him to retire. The Adesanya fight would have been the perfect retirement opportunity.

Guy gave zero fucks and showed the world what magic in the octagon is.

Honestly is was a privilege to witness.

Thanks for the gifs / memories.

In terms of the OP - I think that new fans just don't have any context to go by.
Had to be done bro... I'm glad I got in there first to slow down the accusations and slander... Noobs need to recognise.

It's insane how good he was, defensively, and on offence... The decrepit jazz hands version we see now isn't the murderous wizard we knew... It was magic.

2jd4z6f.gif

Always a fan.

Just no, it was before the bell.

Stay salty
Hahahaha, you're not wrong, it's just an example on the fans perception,
Silva was tired and act like disk in that fight

45 year old Anderson is the only one to get out of an Izzy fight alive.

Anderson was my favourite for so long he was probably the driving force for me watching and getting into Mma so much. In his prime the suspense was always crazy when he thought because he would always do something insane that you would never see before. There was an aura of unpredictability and chaos about him even when he broke his leg vs weidman it was one of the craziest things seen in the octagon.

Why didn't Silva fight Jones then if hes so great he hid and have you seen his new hairpiece nice really beleivable

Back