I'm surprised at how far down the ladder Anderson's GOAT status has dropped

Google "Anderson Silva I Fuck"

It's real brother.

Anderson Silva dança Michael Jackson.jpg

Silva has zero GOAT status. He is a proven cheat like Armstrong, Barry bonds, Marion Jones and a host of other cheaters who lost their place in the record books.

People understand this concept when it effects them directly. If you train all summer for a race and find out the guy that beat you took a short cut, did he really win? Of course not, he cheated. Should he get the trophy and prize money? Of course not, he cheated. Same with Silva, he cheated to win.

Best ways to ruin GOAT status on Sherdog:

Fight in your Post-Prime

Fail Drug tests

Lose 1 fight

Fight in your Post-Prime

Fail Drug tests

Lose 1 fight
Just the drug tests really. That's the only one that calls your accomplishments into question in the good times

People are only as good as their last fight you no sherdog

People expect fighters to give up their passion just because I have a great record

Who cares if you lose in your past prime

One of the few guys that I would purchase a ppv for.

Fight in your Post-Prime

Fail Drug tests

Lose 1 fight

Damn. You nailed it with this one. Imagine what people would think of GSP if he had returned to fight the WW champ instead of cherry-picking Bisping. He'd have got crushed. And though he'd still be a GOAT, people would not be swinging on his sack the way they do now.

People are only as good as their last fight you no sherdog

People expect fighters to give up their passion just because I have a great record

Who cares if you lose in your past prime

I care. It hurts me to see guys like Anderson lose to Bisping. Then Bisping gets to say he "beat" Anderson Silva. It's sad because we all know that in his prime, Anderson would have humiliated Bisping worse than he did Forrest or James Irvin.

I care. It hurts me to see guys like Anderson lose to Bisping. Then Bisping gets to say he "beat" Anderson Silva. It's sad because we all know that in his prime, Anderson would have humiliated Bisping worse than he did Forrest or James Irvin.
Yah but you know that

The loss means nothing to Silva's career

The PEDs have a lot to do with it.

But beyond this it's probably worth keeping in mind that a lot of people also think Floyd is/was a better boxer than Roy Jones Jr.

If you fight long enough, you will start to look mortal, and mortality isn't a great look for a GOAT.

The count showed his superiority. It was beautiful. Only one eye needed.

Lol gee what could have changed. All those posters must have up and died :rolleyes:

Or maybe it's all the steroid busts, the fact that he fought in a weak division, and when you factor in losses early and late in his career, he cannot be the goat.

He’s a PED cheat and a hypocrite about the things he said. Doesn’t deserved to be mentioned in the GOAT list. I’m glad people don’t mention him among the likes of GSP anymore.

James Irvin is another favourite of mine...

irvin_kick.gif
Untitled-3-2.gif

tumblr_mk16s9iO5T1qhndw9o1_400.gif

He fell off sadly too...

Not to take anything away from your post or James Irvin, but that first gif is a Yamasaki classic lmao.

As far as Irvin, he was definitely fun to watch in his heyday and had one of the worst downhill skids in MMA.

Damn. You nailed it with this one. Imagine what people would think of GSP if he had returned to fight the WW champ instead of cherry-picking Bisping. He'd have got crushed. And though he'd still be a GOAT, people would not be swinging on his sack the way they do now.
He had literally zero reason to come back and fight the ww champ. Bisping was a bigger money fight that did more for his legacy by making him a double champ.

For years I've seen people suggest he was ducking by going UP in weight, and that's just silly.

No need for air quotes. He DID beat Anderson.

UFC GOAT, MMA GOAT, aside for some exceptions his fights were/are exciting win or lose, pulled off some of the most ridiculous things inside the octagon. What's not to like?

I'll tell you, his years of dominance and cocky attitude left some people (GSP fans) really, REALLY bitter. He was never as popular as GSP despite being a better fighter with FAR more exciting fights, because he is a black/brazilian that doesn't speak english, and has no interest in appealing to the average UFC customer, which is fine for casuals, but you'd expect hardcore MMA fans to appreciate him way more.

Edit: Ridiculous to hold the PED's against him in a sport like MMA. Everyone is on PED's. Skill like Silva's is truly one in a generation PED's or no PED's. I used to hate him and wanted to see him lose BAD, but then it happened and I realized what a shame it was when looking back at his rise and reign as champ.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back