Im starting to think that there is 0 innovation in the UFC

i mean beside dana open up more about himself since 2015, there is 0 innovation.

Where are the tournaments?
The new entrance? (and not that kimbo slice looking like you coming from the parking)
Some bellator vs ufc superfights?

I dont know, its not because its a monopoly situation that you need to rest on your laurels...

Yes, that's what they're doing. It's not like they keep getting busier and busier every year.

If anything, I WISH they'd rest on their laurels more. There's so many shows now that I don't bother watching. Back in the day I kept track of every single fight and fighter in the organisation. That's almost impossible for one person to do now. PPVs and shows don't feel special.

If PPV cards were about...8 a year and Fox Cards were about 3-4 (meaning 1 big card per month, tops) and you really loaded these cards and made them feel distinctly different from Fight Night cards I think I'd bother more.

- USADA
- Fox
- Fight pass
- Reebok
- WMMA
- International cards
- Legalization in NY

MMA is completely different today than it was not so long ago.

Your post amounts to: "The UFC isn't doing this one thing that I prefer they do [tournaments]. Therefore, they are doing nothing." This sort of reasoning is obviously flawed.

Last edited:
Hey I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun/horrifying to watch, but it's been done so its not really innovative.

15 years dude, the new ufc fans never watched those open weight fights. So its innovative in a certain way

Innovate is to do something new not just to your company but to the world.

Yes it is but taking something already done and never used again since 15 years, its still innovation in a certain way.

But yes innovation should always be something new

15 years dude, the new ufc fans never watched those open weight fights. So its innovative in a certain way
Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

I'm still entertained.

I remember seeing a video of an open weight mma fight years ago on here back before I made an account and it was a big tall guy against a tiny guy, it ended with the little guy brutally slammed on his head I think, I remember people speculated that he was crippled, anyone remember the fight?

So because they're doing things that haven't been done before like uniforms and USADA instead of doing things they did 23 years ago like tournaments and OW fights, they're not innovating? Somebody get this guy a dictionary....

Cheick Kongo is in bellator now.

No its not,its recycling and old idea,that doesnt fit in the current landscape of MMA,anyway.

I don't know, but I'm gonna yell my opinion anyway.
DEXATI20160804104254_zpsotswzlgn.png

I remember seeing a video of an open weight mma fight years ago on here back before I made an account and it was a big tall guy against a tiny guy, it ended with the little guy brutally slammed on his head I think, I remember people speculated that he was crippled, anyone remember the fight?

Yes it was travis fulton against some karate dude. I think its safe to say that karate guy did not belong in any mma fight against anyone.

Yes it was travis fulton against some karate dude. I think its safe to say that karate guy did not belong in any mma fight against anyone.
I can still feel the cringe I experienced when seeing this long ago.

It resides as a muscle knot in my right trap, bro.

Not sure about innovation. Their product is solid but they could mix it up a bit. I see no problem with tournament format split over several events at one round per event. Especially given the current constant changing of hands of belts at current.

Back