I'm so angry I want to punch somebody in the face. Customer service is getting so bad.

Router went down. They won't let me call them for technical support, they're making me chat with some online support bot so they don't have to pay a human employee to look after their customers. I'm wasting my entire morning going through a stupid menu of things to try when I could just tell a human that I've already reset it twice and nothing happened, so what's the next step to troubleshoot this, please, Mr. Bot?

Was it a Russian or Chinese bot?

You know what I love?
Having problems with a cell and calling customer service, and being told to call back on a landline.
How about fuck you.

that's a holdover from days gone by when you had to press #00#12345#* SEND to program the bloody thing

i just want to clarify this because a millenial didnt know about this. You know you can get all of the main channels for free right? This millenial thought he had to have cable to get fox, cbs, abc, etc. lol

you mean they send wireless TV signals now??!?

Have you tried smashing it with a hammer, then duct taping it back together?

Router went down. They won't let me call them for technical support, they're making me chat with some online support bot so they don't have to pay a human employee to look after their customers. I'm wasting my entire morning going through a stupid menu of things to try when I could just tell a human that I've already reset it twice and nothing happened, so what's the next step to troubleshoot this, please, Mr. Bot?

Yell "I am the law"! at them

@JosephDredd

Threaten to cancel service and they'll have a tech at your place in an hour. Only works if it's the ISP's equipment tho.

My cable company came out to cut off my neighbors cable and cut off mine instead. Took me three days to get someone out to hook it back up. They ended up having to pull new cable from the sidewalk to my house. That shit sucked, couldn't even watch a DVD because my PS4 doesn't work without an internet connection

Are you sure its your router?

Perhaps your cable companys internet is just down. Chill out for a few hours and come back to it

In my country you can call the technicians to come at your home and see what's up.

old school.

The only thing better than bots are companies that have all their support routed through a community of other customers. That's becoming the new "in" thing. Why invest in bots or paying anyone when your customers will fix it for you?

200.gif

My Garmin Nuvi still works but won't update the maps even though I purchased it with lifetime maps. The garmin software won't connect to it. The customer service agent suggested it was time to trade it in on a newer model. They said my older model might not have enough memory. It has a 32 GB memory card and that is the most memory that the new ones can use too. I asked if that would include my lifetime map subscription. I was informed that the subscriptions went with the device but said I would receive a Email with their Customer Loyalty pricing. Their customer loyalty pricing was $20 higher than the same units on Amazon. Then I checked Garmin's warranty and it is only a year. They give the same one year warranty on refurbished models at half the price with "lifetime" maps. All of these companies are scams.

I heard if you scream swear words at the robot voice and say stuff like 'close account' 'cancel payment' you will get put through to the 'retention department', ie an American / Brit / whatever applies in your country. This advice is for the USA. I'm not sure if it works on a chatbot, worth a try next time.

My Garmin Nuvi still works but won't update the maps even though I purchased it with lifetime maps. The garmin software won't connect to it. The customer service agent suggested it was time to trade it in on a newer model. They said my older model might not have enough memory. It has a 32 GB memory card and that is the most memory that the new ones can use too. I asked if that would include my lifetime map subscription. I was informed that the subscriptions went with the device but said I would receive a Email with their Customer Loyalty pricing. Their customer loyalty pricing was $20 higher than the same units on Amazon. Then I checked Garmin's warranty and it is only a year. They give the same one year warranty on refurbished models at half the price with "lifetime" maps. All of these companies are scams.

www.reddit.com/r/latestagecapitalism

Back