I'm rooting for Derrick Lewis but.......

Let's look at Lewis win streak:

Gift decision vs Blagoy
Gift decision vs Latifi
KO vs ancient Oleinik
KO vs Blaydes

Only one good win and two fights against weak competition he arguably lost. He wont have anything for Gane.

Gane's last 4 fights:

Decision vs Volkov
Decision vs Rosenstruik
Fluke TKO vs the corpse of JDS
Oh look another decision vs Boser(???)

Lewis by KO due to lack of fear from point fighting frenchman.

Hes like that anime character that everyone writes off as the soft fat character and then he steps up to fight and ends the day with epic savagery....
R.5b18f08d1e4ffdea3d420dec585a9cb5

I can't help but to think this fight will be another repeat of Gane vs Rozen.
Gane will dart in & out like a point fighter, while his opponent comes in at him in a slow moving plodding motion, hoping to get that one big KO.

Will this fight be any different?
You ain't no Lewis fan. Rozy is a completely different fighter.

Lewis gonna knock his block off.

You ain't no Lewis fan. Rozy is a completely different fighter.

Lewis gonna knock his block off.
You're right, they are different, Rozenstruik is better and more dangerous.

Gane's last 4 fights:

Decision vs Volkov
Decision vs Rosenstruik
Fluke TKO vs the corpse of JDS
Oh look another decision vs Boser(???)

Lewis by KO due to lack of fear from point fighting frenchman.
50-45
50-45
No fluke at all and Lewis got destroyed by JDS 2 years ago
30-26

I don’t think anyone expects Lewis to win, he is often outclassed and I don’t see Gane making the same error that Volkov did. But who knows, Lewis may very well land a fluke punch yet again but I’d say it’s rather unlikely.

Agree with evrything you've said TS... except the "like a point fighter" part.

Gane is going to come in like a fighter with a plan. Which is always better than not having any.

Last edited:
I can't help but to think this fight will be another repeat of Gane vs Rozen.
Gane will dart in & out like a point fighter, while his opponent comes in at him in a slow moving plodding motion, hoping to get that one big KO.

Will this fight be any different?
No but Lewis is a deceptively good counter striker with legendary power. 25 minutes is a long time not to get clipped by him. He’s a bad matchup for any striker who can’t mix it up.

Lewis by KO or he loses by a one sided sparring session style decision. I’m rooting for a black beast KO though. It’s not a squash match and Lewis’ KO’s aren’t flukes.

I doubted Gane against Rozenstruik, I doubted Gane against Volkov, I'm not gonna doubt him again.
I have him on my parlay already. Gane by UD or stoppage via kick to the body.

Gane will leg kick then shit outta Black Beast.

:(

What does wikipedia have to do with anything? I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking up tell me. BB is a great fighter with high IQ and knows how to use his power to win. You calling the #2 ranked HW inferior is a joke. He's there in that spot for a reason. How about you watch some fights.
repeating what I tell you doesn't make you sound smart, kid.
I told you to watch those fights, so you would see how stupid you really sound.

Because repeating "he's the #2" does not translate to him being any better than the guys below him.
And raving about his fight IQ just shows you did not watch any of those fights.

Here's the best wrestler in the HW division with the highest td percentage in deep on a single leg, even pulls Lewis away from the cage, but still can't complete the td.

hlovUiA.gif
But that isn't DC!:D

Your point still stands, Lewis is not the bum some (still) make him out to be.

Lewis is going to come out in the first round and take Gane down

zuepdZK.gif

He's then going to hold Gane's big head in place as he caves his face in with some gnp.

mjQjVD6.gif

Like!

Also; Lewis is not slow.

There is a long list of fighters who’ve made this error

I don’t think anyone expects Lewis to win, he is often outclassed and I don’t see Gane making the same error that Volkov did. But who knows, Lewis may very well land a fluke punch yet again but I’d say it’s rather unlikely.
I expect him to win.

I also expect Gane to fight not to lose target than fighting to win.

Back