I'm rooting for Derrick Lewis but.......

I can't help but to think this fight will be another repeat of Gane vs Rozen.
Gane will dart in & out like a point fighter, while his opponent comes in at him in a slow moving plodding motion, hoping to get that one big KO.

Will this fight be any different?

One misstep and Gane could be out...that wasnt the case with Volkov/rozen or the threat...

Lewis hits much harder then Volkov or Rozen..rozen is dangerous because of his speed and his combinations...

Lewis just needs to touch u

The problem watching BB fights, is that you know he is the "inferior fighter", but you can't count him out until the very last second of the fight....

I think hes a master sandbagger...

Hes like that anime character that everyone writes off as the soft fat character and then he steps up to fight and ends the day with epic savagery....

The fact he can do a jumping switch kick that is very fast is a sign of this

I can't help but to think this fight will be another repeat of Gane vs Rozen.
Gane will dart in & out like a point fighter, while his opponent comes in at him in a slow moving plodding motion, hoping to get that one big KO.

Will this fight be any different?

If there is one person you should absolutely not underestimate its the Black Beast. Him having the most Knockouts in UFC is not accident. He finds ways to catch people and there is definitely a possibility that he can catch Cyril in a 5 round fight.

I think Lewis has a better chance vs Francis than Gane. Unfortunate for him.

Here's the best wrestler in the HW division with the highest td percentage in deep on a single leg, even pulls Lewis away from the cage, but still can't complete the td.

hlovUiA.gif
That just shows how bad the competition is

I like Derrick but it'll be worse than Rozenstruik.

Everyone complains about Gane's style and not being able to get a finish but I have a feeling that if there's any matchup in the division where a finish is highly possible for Gane, it's this one. I'm feeling a body kick TKO in the 2nd or 3rd.

I haven't decided yet... Prolly Lewis as I have been following him longer but I'm kinda high on Gane as well.

Ponder... Ponder...

Lewis is great at picking a shot and ending a fight.

Gane might be too fast with better technique. If he can steer clear of one of those one hitter quitter's from Lewis, he wins easily imo.

I think Gane will finish Lewis within 3 rounds. Leg kicks, body strikes and jab to the face will accumulate damage quick.

Gane wins via easy decision against Lewis and Ngannou

I think there is a good chance Gane may want to have it look like the Rozenstruik fight, but Lewis is a pretty different fighter from Rozenstruik. Still Gane may be able to stay out of the danger zone and kinda point fight to a decision. Still those 'points' are hard as fuck. Just because some fighters no sell them doesn't mean they aren't hard as fuck for the relative ease he throws them with.

Last edited:
Lewis is going to come out in the first round and take Gane down

zuepdZK.gif

He's then going to hold Gane's big head in place as he caves his face in with some gnp.

mjQjVD6.gif

Which fight is this and why does Derrick Lewis appear to be in such good shape?

I think something everyone here is overlooking is the fact that Lewis can land a takedown on Gane and his top game is really strong with heavy GNP. Or He can land on the feet too.

I think hes a master sandbagger...

Hes like that anime character that everyone writes off as the soft fat character and then he steps up to fight and ends the day with epic savagery....

The fact he can do a jumping switch kick that is very fast is a sign of this
haha agree, but you can't forget how fighters beat him up throughout most of the fight, and he catches them at the very end...
I think most relax, thinking the job is done...or maybe they get tired from beating on BB and he just has an insane way of absorbing impact and not getting hurt.
whatever it is, it is obviously working, but I don't think it works in the long run.

Back