I'm pretty sure half the world thinks McGregor vs Nate 2 was a title defense

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Everyone that I talk to who aren't big mma fans, but know who Conor is, know that he has a belt, but had no idea that the Diaz fights weren't for a belt.

The same people are the ones to say that McGregor vs Diaz 2 was the best fight they've ever seen...

anderson-silva-funny-face.png

I assumed it was an interim title fight.

Aren't all UFC main events for interim titles?

Does half of the world even know them?

Seriously I get your point. I know some people who don't really follow it who first thing Monday morning at work after their second fight said "Oh so Conor got the belt back".

That fight was for the Casual Fan Interest Belt, which Conor won back 48-47. The most prestigious belt in the WME era.

It would have been for the interim title but Nate weighed 410lbs so it was only for a UFC hotdog brander

You mean people who don't follow mma don't know what's going on in mma?

9b3.png

It's the casual factor. When I went to watch Houston Alexander fight Eric Shafer in Omaha, all the people around thought it was for a title. Didn't want to break it to the hillbillies, actually I did want to, just didn't want to get jumped for pointing out how retarded they were. Because you know, the retard strength and what not. Was straight up...
62920142008105.jpg

I don't consider it the "best fight ever," but it was an amazing fight. That fight had so many eyes on it, and both guys showed so much grit.

The Diaz brothers are grit personified, but it was Conor's grit that was the big surprise. After round 2 (which I scored for Conor), I thought Diaz was going to take over the fight. After round 3, I was positive that Conor was done. But he still fought on, winning round 4 and securing the decision. Of course, Nate was still battling and won round 5.

It was one of the most exciting fights, and there's nothing wrong with anybody claiming that it's the best ever, whether hardcore or casual.

Really and truly does anything you hear about him surprise you good and bad?
It is uneducated about the sport fans and bandwagon jumpers who make these claims.
Let them think what they want to it can be quite entertaining the levels of stupidity they take it to

it's worse, there are people who thought Conor defended the belt vs Eddie, you can go youtube to the MMA digest channel in the video of Conor with the 4 belts and there were dozen of retarted posters who were saying "Conor won the LW belt and also defended the FW when he beat Eddie" and they were death serious, I was like LMAO

<36><DrakeLaugh>{<huh}<{MindBrown}><{katwhu}><{Heymansnicker}>{<jordan}{<doc}

I don't consider it the "best fight ever," but it was an amazing fight. That fight had so many eyes on it, and both guys showed so much grit.

The Diaz brothers are grit personified, but it was Conor's grit that was the big surprise. After round 2 (which I scored for Conor), I thought Diaz was going to take over the fight. After round 3, I was positive that Conor was done. But he still fought on, winning round 4 and securing the decision. Of course, Nate was still battling and won round 5.

It was one of the most exciting fights, and there's nothing wrong with anybody claiming that it's the best ever, whether hardcore or casual.
Very true on all points McGregor coming back and winning round 4 after taking alot if damage in round 3 was impressive and he could have stole round 5 if it wasn't for that late take down. I dont understand how anyone can score that fight for nate

Well it was. Conor lost the Mcgregor belt and then got it back.

I watched the news(Fox 5 Las Vegas) after the first fight, and they said Nate was the new WW champ..on Fox...come on now.

Everyone that I talk to who aren't big mma fans, but know who Conor is, know that he has a belt, but had no idea that the Diaz fights weren't for a belt.

The same people are the ones to say that McGregor vs Diaz 2 was the best fight they've ever seen...

anderson-silva-funny-face.png
Who gives a shit?

Some even thought the first fight was too and got confused when Diaz didn't get the belt.

The funny thing is that his next LW title defense will probably be against Nate Diaz.

Back