Im not surprised motherF***ers

The margins to victory are.

And if Henry were to beat him again at 135...which very possible.. What's your Margin then?..come on don't be silly 1% isn't the only reason why TJ lost.. Don't fool yourself

And if Henry were to beat him again at 135...which very possible.. What's your Margin then?..come on don't be silly 1% isn't the only reason why TJ lost.. Don't fool yourself

Confusing me for someone else i never said anything about reasons for losing, i just said the pounds value isn't as important as it's value as a percentage of total weight.

Cejudo has won a Copper Gloves title, after he won the Olympic title.. He also has trained with Bolanos, Ortiz, Ross, Abasola, etc etc.. at CSA, for extended periods through out his career, he has also been down to Mayweather's gym for sparing rounds numerous times. It is not a surprise to most within the actual MMA community, that Cejudo's striking was better then TJ's, as most realize that Cejudo like TJ, comes from a Wrestling background though much more decorated resume for Cejudo, and similar to TJ and other MMA fighters, has trained extensively with top strikers in their respected combat sport.

Dude fights for a living and won gold medals in the Olympics... you have never done anything in your life anyone will ever care or talk about. Might want to rethink who's Manhood you are question coward boy

Do you often go out of your way to prove to everyone how little you know, cupcake?

better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.jpg

Cejudo has won a Copper Gloves title, after he won the Olympic title.. He also has trained with Bolanos, Ortiz, Ross, Abasola, etc etc.. at CSA, for extended periods through out his career, he has also been down to Mayweather's gym for sparing rounds numerous times. It is not a surprise to most within the actual MMA community, that Cejudo's striking was better then TJ's, as most realize that Cejudo like TJ, comes from a Wrestling background though much more decorated resume for Cejudo, and similar to TJ and other MMA fighters, has trained extensively with top strikers in their respected combat sport.

But but but he weighs 125 pounds like a teenager how could he possibly win... Right? Lol.. He fought a fantastic but risky gameplay and it paid off

Haha casuals who still see small weight classes as weak or untalented

The point I'm saying quite clearly In my O. P is that people are either being trolls or down ignorant when it comes to just how close these two division are.. Everyone's acting like its impossible for 125ers to have power let alone knock out a 135er and that it's embarrassing that it happened.. .When in reality there's not much separating both divisions or tj and Henry for that matter as competitors..

As I also mentioned in this thread and the O. P tj was stupid to do such a harsh weight cut and this fight clearly shows the negative affects of big weight cuts in MMA, that being said as affect as T. J might have been I don't think for a second Henry couldn't knock T. J out at 125 or 135 for that matter. . Henry was aggressive ,accurate and unrelenting that would successful at any weight...

I just don't get the notion it's some magical thing he hurt him... When percentage /poundage wise and height wise there similar size.. It's accepted that 135 pound fighters have "real power" but 125ers don't? Cuz of what 10 pounds

10 Lbs difference at 125 pounds is indeed a lot more than say the heavyweight limit (205 - 265).
The fact that HW division encompasses 60 Lbs should be enough to show you that.

Also, it is known that it's far harder for lighter weight to KO their opponent. That is mainly because they trade speed for power. But it is obviously not impossible. Matter of fact, Cejudo has 6 (T)KO's in his record alone, so it is fairly obvious KO's can happen.

The main thing though, is that it was far harder for TJ to cut the extra 10 Lbs, and it cost him the fight.
It is a known fact that the more dehydrated you get, the higher the risks of KO.
I believe this fight would look very different at 135 Lbs. If anything, because TJ's body is used to that cut, and he recuperates far better.

Back