I'm not sure about my trainer's credentials

Godhand13

White Belt
Reaction score
I recently crossed from Kyokushin (which I did for 2.5 years) to a kickboxing/MMA class at my local PCYC. The problem is, I'm not sure about my trainers qualifications. I know he's a brown belt in Zen Do Kai and that he has experience in Muay Thai and some form of JiuJustu, but I don't have any real idea how qualified he really is. He seems to know what he's talking about, but I'm unsure, especially where grappling is concerned, as I have no experience in it. HELP ME!!!!

He seems to know what he's talking about, but I'm unsure, especially where grappling is concerned, as I have no experience in it.
Have you asked him what grappling background he comes from?

Things to watch out for:
He teaches techniques such as - "And as the guy throws a punch, you catch it {insert elaborate Steven Seagal technique} and get a wrist lock.

Anyone teaching you to shoot a double leg from more than the length of your arms away should be avoided. And any coach who doesn't tell you off when you let your opponent control your head.

That's all I can think of, wrestling (grappling) was so long ago for me.
I imagine the grappling forum guys would know more.

Cross post in grappling and some of the guys there should be able to help. Also, try bullshido.com if you are really stuck.

Back