I'm not sold on holly holms

Who cares if you're not sold on Holly Holms or Holly Holm, I'm sure neither woman is losing any sleep. Like everyone says, it's Holly Holm bro, at least get that right.

I'm not impressed before she shows that she can more than just strike and knock people out - a few submission wins would be necessary before I recognize Holly as a true champ.

1. she didnt say it, her coach did.
2. there is no excuse for an athlete under performing,
3. the ONLY excuse, is if you are competing in a place were the title shots are given to the preferred, as opposed to the earned.
4. hence, in a case like Dana/Ronda, im ok with it- the UFC is shit when it comes to properly giving the shot to the deserved.

Yr trippin. Takedown Tate is a gatekeeper she doesn't bring the same level of striking as Holm she's getting finished.
She didn't need to be on the same level as Holm on the feet. She needs to be good enough to close the distance. Plus Tate holds a distinct advantage on the ground. Tate's not going to do body lock TDs. She's going to do wrestling style TDs. Doubles, singles, knees taps. Completely different stuff than she saw vs Rhonda.

We shall see who the better lady fighter is in a couple weeks. May the best woman win. I'm on Team Tate.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Pettis vs Alvarez all over again except it's woman this time.

She didn't need to be on the same level as Holm on the feet. She needs to be good enough to close the distance. Plus Tate holds a distinct advantage on the ground. Tate's not going to do body lock TDs. She's going to do wrestling style TDs. Doubles, singles, knees taps. Completely different stuff than she saw vs Rhonda.

We shall see who the better lady fighter is in a couple weeks. May the best woman win. I'm on Team Tate.

You're picking someone who has been known to take A LOT of punishment in her fights win or lose. Tate can't get close to a tiger like Holm unless she's willing to get hit every time. Julie Kedzie is basically the same exact style as Holly without the talent and physique. Tate is gonna get killed if she makes it to a decision I would actually be surprised. Holm outclasses her IMO Takedown Tate is getting stuffed all night en route to a TKO

RondA-ROUSEY-KO-UFC-193.png

Sold

Anyone who thinks Tate has even a remote chance in this fight is in for a rude awakening, unfortunately.

Tate has terrible fight IQ, is sluggish, and non-explosive. Her biggest strength is her grit and determination, but that's not going to be enough. She's simply not strong enough to take Holm down. Each time she lunges forward sluggishly, Holm easily sidesteps, or....worse.

Beating Ronda by KO is enough to trust in her talent

Didn't think the UFC would actually do the fight since they were protecting Ronda.

I get that Ronda is a trainwreck and was often a poor winner and bragged about being able to beat people she would never fight. So the blowback makes sense. BUt let's not get unhinged here.

This particular claim gets accepted at face value too often around here despite being contrary to the facts. The UFC never protected Ronda. They consistently put her up against the best fighters on their roster and then went out of their way to try and sign ladies like Holm to fight her. Bethe was a gimme no doubt about it, but the rest were the top of the UFC women's bantamweight division, such as it is.

I get that Ronda is a trainwreck and was often a poor winner and bragged about being able to beat people she would never fight. So the blowback makes sense. BUt let's not get unhinged here.

This particular claim gets accepted at face value too often around here despite being contrary to the facts. The UFC never protected Ronda. They consistently put her up against the best fighters on their roster and then went out of their way to try and sign ladies like Holm to fight her. Bethe was a gimme no doubt about it, but the rest were the top of the UFC women's bantamweight division, such as it is.
that girl ronda hip toss and punch her face was a can.

did you have to throw the picture in there? what did that accomplish?

This will be like Joanna vs Carla, Holly vs Ronda and Stephen vs Johny. Miesha is durable but her major weakness in this fight is speed and overall athleticism. With the way she plods forward so slowly, I see her having difficulty closing the distance to shoot effectively against Holly's speed, footwork and control of distance.

How can I be sold when I am not for sale?

I prefer Holly Sholm.
It's all about the unnecessary 's' placement.

I want to see Holly beating a top fighter who is not aggressively trying to clinch or outstrike her.

I says... Pardon ???

So, what exactly would this " top fighter " be doing ? Trying " passively " to out grapple or out strike Holly ? Seriously, I have no fucking idea what you're saying.

EDIT... Oh wait... Do you mean like 70% Hendricks ? Because that guy definitely did not aggressively try to grapple, or strike with Wonderboy.

Last edited:
Yet. She will need to beat the shit out of meisha tate on the ground. I never even heard of holly holms until she beat ronda. Are you guys sold?

If you haven't heard of her before the Ronda fight, that's fine, many didn't.

But...now you have heard of her and finally done your research right.....RIGHT!?

She has nothing to prove.

She's a champion in Boxing and MMA, and beat the most accomplished female mixed martial artist of all time. What is to be sold on?

I no sold on honda holmes either. Her brother starred in movies a name of John.

He horsecocky

Back